“Convinient location, clean and affordable”

Point A Hotel, London Paddington
Ranked #274 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Province of San Jose, Costa Rica
“Convinient location, clean and affordable”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel because it was close to Paddington station, also a supermarket right in front of the hotel, price was good, and rooms were clean. Staff was very friendly and kind.
Only thing I didn't like is that they charged for small things, silly things, like for keeping your bags after the check out.
It is true other comments saying that you can actually feel the train vibration; not that it was a problem for us; it isn't that bad.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that you found us good value for money, well located clean and received an exceptional service from our staff, as these are four of our main areas of attention.

The luggage storage is part of our ‘’pay-as-you-use’’ system which helps guests to save on unnecessary extras. It allows them to design their own stay by only paying for the things they know they will use.

We do hope to welcome you again on your next visit to London.

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Bruce and I stayed for 10 days at your hotel from May 18, onward. We found our room, although small, especially clean. Thank goodness there was much needed storage space under our bed for our luggage. Nevertheless, the linens were white, crisp and spotless; so much so, that we felt there was no need to have them changed daily and made our wishes known.
The staff was always ready to help us with any of our questions, and would run off detailed travel information which proved to be a time saver.
Everyone always had a smile for us at the front desk no matter how busy you were.
Thank you Miriam and your team for your dedicated effort in making our stay smooth sailing.
On my next trip to London I will definitely consider staying here again because of the staff, the reasonable hotel room price, and the proximity to great transportation. Irene Barton.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel, Not on Praed Street which can be somewhat noisy at times.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Irene B
Tune_Paddington, Stella at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Irene,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at Tune Paddington.

I am pleased to read you found our hotel convenient, clean and good value for money and our staff very helpful as these are some of our main focus areas.

We look forward to welcome you again on your next trip to London.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just came back from a three day stay , two mums - four kids - three rooms. The staff are great, rooms smallish but to be expected for the price. Nice, clean, quiet rooms and surprisingly comfy beds.. Will definitely use this hotel again :)

Room Tip: If you want bigger rooms book a double with the accessible option , the space difference is very not...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and found it to be clean and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

KInd regards,

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice hotel & rooms were clean. Subway underneath made a bit of noise and might bother some people but didn't bother me. No restaurant but a nice cafe right next door. You pay extra for your toiletries and towels, but seeing as we booked through Hotels.com, we didn't have to pay any extra. I lost my knapsack at St. Paul's Cathedral, and Miriam, one of the hotel clerks, actually took the subway downtown to pick up my bag on her own time, and sent my belongings to me in Canada. Now, that's what I call service! She went out of her way to accommodate me and I must say that the overall service at that hotel was impeccable. Very close to subway and a bargain for the budget traveller. I would go back...

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor if possible. Subway runs right underneath and there is some vibration. T...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Betty G
Tune_Paddington, stella at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to read you found our hotel nice and clean. Moreover, Customer Service is one of our main points of focus and it is very pleasant to read you kind words about the service provided by our staff.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future!

Kind Regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our experience with Tune Paddington was, overall, a good one. There were a small number of very tiny issues that I'll mention but overall we're happy.

In order to check-in early, you have to pay a fee. No problem; we could wait. We asked if we could leave our luggage with the desk but were told there was £2.50 charge for each bag. Irritating considering the amount of money we were spending on a six night stay.

We camped out at a local coffee house, writing postcards and email to while away the couple of hours we had to wait. Upon returning to the hotel for checkin, we still had to wait and had a chance to hear a couple complaining about all the 'add-ons' that they were going to have to pay for on top of the room rate. This got me concerned so I started digging into what we'd already paid for.

At this point they started checking people in and I found out that since we booked on a travel site, all the add-on charges (Wi-Fi, safe, TV, among others) were included in the price we'd paid. Once checked in we moved to the room.

The room was on the third floor and quite small. The bed was barely a double and quite firmer than my old back would have liked. The TV was also small but acceptable as the only time we were watching it was at night just before bed.

There IS the possibility of train noise so you'll want to request a room on a higher level. We were on the third and found the noise quite acceptable and barely audible. Light sleepers should keep that in mind.

The room was serviced every three days, which was strange, but I understand how it can keep their costs down. The bathroom is very small but, again, acceptable for most travelers needs.

The most important aspect of this room was the AC. Without a doubt, this ensured that we had a good sleeping environment during a heat wave in the city. It made our room an oasis we could return to after a long day of sweating in the heat.

The location is great: There's a 24h market across the street for purchasing water, beer, or whatever else you need. A post office with a cash machine can help you keep in touch and your finances supplied. Two underground stations or, for those more adventurous, several bus stops that will get you access to most parts of the city. Don't forget to pick up an Oyster card!

Overall, I'm happy with our stay. Other than the cost to store luggage for a few hours and the firmness of the bed (too firm) I don't have much to complain about. The cost, also, was a bit high for the stay and I could have found less expensive accommodation in that area but it's not a deal breaker. I would suggest this to friends looking for a decent hotel in London.

Room Tip: Third Floor or higher is almost a requirement. You've got two busy train lines under your hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChristopherZaal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are pleased to know your overall experience was a good one. Our location is indeed one of our main strengths, near many restaurants, cafes, supermarkets and with great transport connections to the city’s main tourist attractions.

As a budget hotel chain, we operate a very lean, very efficient operation. Early check-in and luggage options have been created for the convenience of our customers, making their London visits a much better experience. Once again, these are the options that customers can chose if they want to, at their own discretion.

I was sorry to read you did not find our mattresses comfortable. Our Tune beds feature high quality spring mattress beds with pillows, pillowcases, bed sheets and 250-thread count duvets, custom-made for our requirements by Hypnos, who also supply 5-star hotels. However, we do understand guests have different preferences.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for recommending us to others. We hope to welcome you again on another occasion.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 days ago. I highly recommend it. The room was small but very clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful and the location is excellent. Many restaurants in the area and the underground station is just a few minutes from the hotel.
Tamar

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ttamar
Tune_Paddington, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Paddington, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review regarding your recent stay at Tune Paddington.

I am pleased to read you found our staff helpful and our hotel clean and in a good location. Tune Hotel Paddington is surrounded by by plenty of pubs, supermarkets, restaurants and situated between two underground stations, which makes getting around London easy and convenient.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I loved my stay at tune. Have since gone on to stay at others and loved them as well. Thry are cheap, you only pay for what you need, and most importantly they are clean. I would rec this hotel as it is close to city center, it has a grocery across the street, and again its cheap. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your overall stay at Tune Paddington and were happy with our limited service concept.We aim to provide clean and comfortable rooms, while keeping the rates affordable in central London and we are glad to know you found us convenient for your stay.

We truly hope to welcome you back !