“Pajama Lame. ”

Shaftesbury Theatre
Ranked #168 of 1,736 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shaftesbury Theatre at the top of Shaftesbury Avenue.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The curse of the Shaftesbury Theatre strikes again. This is one of my favourite theatres: its beautiful inside. Unfortunately, over the years, it's has more than its fair share of duds. This is another. No really memorable songs and a wafer thin plot. I feel sorry for the cast who got the most out of the material they were given. It must be fairly demoralising to be performing to a half full auditorium on a Saturday night. I wonder how empty it is on weeknights.......

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Bought tickets on the day ( £20 for front near stage)
High energy musical. Old fashioned musical feel. Enjoyed by all age groups. As with all old theatres leg room a bit cramped but seats were comfortable.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Amateurish production past it's sell by date. Sadly un interesting with bad American accents. House was not full and it was a Saturday night. Didn't stay for second half......... Sorry, but that's how it was for us, my husband even fell asleep!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I enjoyed The Pajama Game. I hadn't seen previous versions, nor the Doris Day film, but I did know almost all of the songs. I am, however, in my 70th year, so these were the pre-Beatles songs on everyone's lips. I wonder how well it works for a younger audience. I noticed a few empty seats in the second half. Shame, as that was even more energetic and very well performed.

Let's not forget the theatre, which is just gloriously Victorian - lots of stucco, lots of plush, lots of statuary and not much leg room! A special mention for the handcream in the ladies. Thank you to whoever added that touch. Much appreciated.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Fun musical! Very entertaining. A traditional show - no frills just great dancing and singing.A very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank jacandjill