“Pajama Game- certainly worth going to”

Shaftesbury Theatre
Ranked #172 of 1,656 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shaftesbury Theatre at the top of Shaftesbury Avenue.
London, United Kingdom
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Pajama Game- certainly worth going to”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I must start by saying that musicals may not be my most favourite entertainment, but the comfortable thing about this, is that it is a nice period piece, many of the numbers familiar, some great dancing and the perfect tonic to take ones mind off all the gloomy events in the world. Able to get decently priced tickets. Had front row of the Royal Circle, but opted to move to the third row in the intermission, as the legroom is non-existant. Nice old theatre too.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“OK Show”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Pajama Game just about stands the test of time. However whilst the performers tried their best the tunes were not really memorable and everyone seemed to be murmuring into their mikes making it difficult to hear the words.
Must compliment the staging and quick scenery changes but can really only give this production 3 Stars.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Gets better”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Took my gran and aunt to see the pyjama game, very slow first half, we all agreed it took some time to get into it, but it does pick up in the second half, some extra dance numbers bring it to life. There were a few too many cringy make out sessions with the leads that seemed to go on forever. My nana and aunt left saying they enjoyed it, I thought it was ok, we all agreed it's not something we would see again but it had it's moments. I paid £30pp for stall seats near the front, I think if I had paid more I would've been annoyed. I did also notice a fair number of empty seats which is a shame as the cast seemed to be enjoying themselves, I would've thought the theatre would make sure the stalls are full to give everyone a boost

Ryde, United Kingdom
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Pleasant theatre experience”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Saw The PAJAMA GAME. An easy going musical - great dancing and music. No bad language ! Matinee not full but audience very appreciative of the show.

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Pajama Lame. ”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The curse of the Shaftesbury Theatre strikes again. This is one of my favourite theatres: its beautiful inside. Unfortunately, over the years, it's has more than its fair share of duds. This is another. No really memorable songs and a wafer thin plot. I feel sorry for the cast who got the most out of the material they were given. It must be fairly demoralising to be performing to a half full auditorium on a Saturday night. I wonder how empty it is on weeknights.......