“Don't go lean”
Review of Dach & Sons - CLOSED

Dach & Sons
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This establishment is divided into the diner-style eaterie on the ground floor and a cocktail bar on the upper floor but as we went as a family we only tried the diner. The menu is small but interesting. The "full fat" hot dogs are very good but my wife tried the "Lean Dog" made from chicken but the dish was lean not just in fat content but in size as well and simply not worth the price. The Mac & Cheese is fine for kids but otherwise a bit bland. The side dishes are interesting but not all work - the salt beef chilli in particular didn't seem to gel although personally I'm a huge fan of salt beef and chilli separately. Its quite fun that you can have smaller servings of the beers to sample, and the service was friendly and efficient although it really wasn't that busy when we went. Well worth trying.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Great to see a new independent eatery opening up in hampstead, and this place has real potential. However we felt it needs some fine tuning to get better. Menu could do with further descriptions and the hot dogs we ordered were not as good as we expected. My partner ordered a non spicy hot dog and I the chilli dog. In truth hers was as spicy as mine or even more. The homemade ketchup is delicious but looks unappetising when poured into old Heinz bottles without labels. My partner liked the crunchy bread that the hot dog was was served in but I would have preferred it soft. We will go back and try the burgers next time. I hope they take on board clients feedback amd make this one of the more interesting places to go in hampstead.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Dach and Sons is a new and different eatery just opened in Hampstead. Featuring hot dogs and sliders, craft beers and premium whiskys, the restaurant is housed in an 1800s refurbished building. The full time butcher produces the restaurants own sausages, burgers and frankfurters on site. An interesting venue, the cocktail menu features some long forgotten cocktails. The music is great - period specific jazz playing all evening. Interesting and different and the experience is memorable.