“What is all the fuss about? Very average n”
Review of Dach & Sons - CLOSED

Dach & Sons
Cuisines: American
Barnet, United Kingdom
“What is all the fuss about? Very average n”
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

£8 just for the dog and you get kitchen roll instead of serviettes. Rubbish home made ketchup. What's wrong with Heinz?

London, United Kingdom
“very good beef burgers, but overall average or below”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Context: I live in Hamsptead and decided to try this place last Friday night.

Overall experience was disappointing for me.

Best of experience: high-quality beef burgers. Recommend for sure.
Aspects of the experience I did not enjoy:
-Chicken sliders ok flavor but in my experience with chicken main meals, too small of a portion for a main meal (it was ok for a starter) and less value for money than the beef sliders. The beef sliders not only tasted much better but are also priced at £9
-I think most chairs in the place are very uncomfortable, made of wood, no cushion, odd design
-No plain chicken breast dishes on the menu. Either you have the minced chicken on the sliders or a chicken sausage
-Fries were completely average, not gold enough
-Place is trendy but not cosy

I prefer Hache in Camden Town.

“Unpleasant experience”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I should have taken notice of the terrible online reviews and warnings about the service here but thought I'd give the benefit of the doubt. This was a mistake. I should have also taken a clue from being told hostily there were absolutely no reservations. I would recommend you dont visit this place. The attitude of the staff is terrible, they speak down to you and compared themselves to Soho House on more than one occasion. They eventually let my party into the bar but would not do our table service until 'we were all sat down in a controlled manner' so as 'not to disturb the ambience'. When we were sat down, we were given a talking to of how to behave (this was to a mature group of people wanting a pleasant night away from work/kids). It was ludicrous when one of my friends was latched on for daring to stand up in the bar area (to go to the toilet). If you want to be spoken to rudely and treated like a child by people younger than you, go here. If you want a pleasant fun night out in Hampstead with good staff, go to one of the many gastropubs such as The Horseshoe.

“Not very hot dogs”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Ate there on a Saturday lunch time, the place was busy but not full. Our waitress was very nice and friendly and the menu looked interesting but unfortunately things went downhill from there.....

The 'Freshly squeezed' Orange juice we had tasted like something out of a carton - Very thin and watery, all of the draft beers they had were off and the saurkraut which is the main ingredient (outside of the sausage obviously) of their signature hot-dog wasn't available either.

We ordered a couple of hot dogs and two sides between us then sat back to wait....and wait..... It took 40 minutes from ordering for 2 hotdogs, some fried pickles and sweet potato fries to arrive. Not sure if they had a problem with the kitchen but they seemed to be bringing out food about once every 10 minutes to individual tables in all the time we waited. (certainly they never served more than one table at a time).
Waiting for something that takes a bit of cooking I can handle but seriousy - 40 minutes for 2 dishes that just needed throwing in a deep fat fryer and a couple of hot dogs??!!

When the food eventually arrived it was at best OK - If we'd paid a few quid off a market stall for the hotdogs we'd probably have been happy - Certainly leaving aside the quality of the sausages themselves (which were nice) I've had hotdogs just as good from dodgy looking street vendors.......

The sides were again not bad but everything seemed to have a really sweet taste to it for some reason.

In short its a shame, the place looks nice, the staff were friendly, the menu good (and a great selection of booze when its available) but completely let down by the food and the length of time we had to wait.

birmingham
“Menu was brilliant but overall experience lacked”
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

I went to dach and sons at a pretty quiet time so can't really comment on atmosphere but the place was cool and the idea was exciting. The menu was brilliant and I wanted to try loads. My favourite bit of all was the meaty popcorn which was great even though it did have lumps of fat lurking in box. We ordered the fried pickles, triple fried chips and the sweet potato wedges to share. Chips were good, pickles were good but the wedges was far too sweet they tasted like pancakes. I wasn't overly satisfied with the service either. When my chilli dog arrived and was not what I expected (I expected it to have chilli on it - not some bits of tomato) the waitress was sarcastic and inpatient with me and told me repeatedly this was 'their chilli dog' she told me to try it and see how I felt so I just ate it because I didn't want the hassle. Although it was a nice hot dog it wasn't what I expected and it would have been nice to have some help when ordering. My friend had the chicken sliders and they looked good!