Safestay London Elephant & Castle
US$213
US$188
galahotels.com
1,516 results
All reviewsprivacy curtainssafe staylondon hosteleach bunkbed dormtube stationshower and toiletholland parkcommon areasnice staybus stopclean roomsyour luggageyogurtbedswifiroommates
Reviewed 9 December 2013

All we wanted for the night was a bed for the night & didn't want to spend out for a hotel. Looking on line we found this hostel & was very very impressed the rooms where clean with a shower & separate toilet. For the money you can't go wrong & you get a breakfast

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I love this hostel, it's cosy, clean, cheap (I paid £15 / night), near elephant and castle underground (zone 1), breakfast included, bar, large room warm enough to relax, terrace, the bathroom is IN the room (very good point), the staff was nice.

I felt to be at home ! No really, it was brilliant, I would definitely come back to this hostel for my next trip to London :)

Many thanks to all staff, keep going !

Best regards.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Booked a private en suite for 3 and the room is very spacious. The bathroom is spacious as well.
The facilities were great and the modern decor made the place looks more like a hotel.
All encounters with staff were pleasant. Only few minutes walk to the tube and there are many buses which will bring you to the attractions.

You can get quite bored with the breakfast if you are staying for a few days. They only serve basic continental breakfast. The sensor in the bathroom caused the light to goes off every few minutes even though you are in the shower. The luggage store is not manned and anyone can go in and out of it.

There is only WiFi in the lounge but we managed to get the connection in our room as well which was brilliant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie O
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I came with my guiding group in October for a concert. We got to Safestay at late night. Although I didn't speak to the staff, they seemed friendly and didn't seem tired. We found our rooms and me and my room buddies loved our room. The mattresses are comfy and I liked having my own curtain and light. We woke up quite early and went down for breakfast. It's a standard continental. Not too posh but it fills a hole. The Elephant & Castle tube station is not too far away, and seems a lot shorter when your chatting with friends. There is also a bike station nearby for if you want to rent a bike for the day.

Overall, the stay was lovely. The staff seemed nice, and the rooms were nicely designed. I'd definately stay there again. It feels more like a hotel than a hostel :)

Room Tip: Our room wasn't facing the road and seemed quiet, so try and get one that isn't facing the road. We were on the bottom floor so the most we really saw was a fence, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I don't think it's good appearances will last once it's stops having a 'new' feel to it. Nice now because new, but wasn't really cleaned well - hair in sinks etc.
Shower in room was busy so used hallway one, tiny and very hard to keep your clothes towel etc from getting wet.
Good rate and reasonably good location.
I would stay again, but suspect could do better. Service OK for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends