“Cheap place to stay in London”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #363 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed here with my friend when we came to London for a show and a night out. We were in the basement, which I quite liked because we weren't woken up early by the sun! I wasn't a fan of the 10am checkout time as I like to sleep late on weekends, but at least I had more time in London! We got free towels for the first night, and as we were only there for one night this was fine. I wouldn't have really liked to have to pay for towels. There was no breakfast, which was another downside for me. It is a cheap place, but overall I prefer The County near Euston for a cheap stay.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Ellie,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King’s Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear our windowless room was to your liking. We offer a limited service which gives our guest the freedom to design their own stay. One of our add-ons is the late check-out option, which would have allowed you to stay in the room till 1 PM, for the price of £15. Also, part of this concept we do not have a restaurant, but our staff members are always happy to recommend local restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. I hope I can welcome you back to our hotel should you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Wasn't looking forward to staying here as had bad experiences at Travelodge style hotel but was very surprised when checked in.

Booked cheap room with no window. Was small but as it was so dark slept really well. Bathroom and room was modern and paid extra for towels which where white and fluffy.

I checked in at 22.00pm & checked out at 06.00am so didn't spend too much time here, not sure I would of wanting to stay long due to the size of the room but air con worked and kept me cool throughout the night.

Would stay again for the right price.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King’s Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted we have managed to exceed your expectations with regards to the high standards of our hotel. I agree some of our rooms are quite compact, but I am also pleased you found the room modern and our air conditioning system efficient in ensuring you had a good night sleep. I look forward to welcoming you here next time you need accommodation in London.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

If you are looking for a decent hotel with comfortable bed and necessity to stay as a tourist, this is one of the best choices. Pay additional only on what you need. The hotel room is not big but at the end of the day, we only need a comfortable bed to sleep on.
Extremely near to King's Cross station, where you can catch your Euro star, and Heathrow Airport via Piccadilly Line.
Friendly and helpful staff. I met a guy at the reception (didn't ask for his name, but i guess he is originated from Africa), who was very friendly and nice. I will definitely stay at Tune Hotels again if I come across one in future.

Dear Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am delighted we have managed to offer you a comfortable stay, with a concept to your liking, in a convenient location. I am also pleased you found our staff members friendly and helpful and I will make sure to pass your comments onto them. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel whilst we did some Christmas shopping in London. Good central location, 2 minutes away from Kings Cross station.

The room was small but clean and included a hairdryer and toiletries, although these were classed as extras that we didn't select on booking. The air conditioning was very easy to use and I disagree with a previous comment about not being able to set the temperature any lower than 22c. We set ours to 18c with no problems.

The staff on the reception were very friendly and helpful. We thought the room was a bargain price compared to other central London hotels. Would recommend this hotel for anyone that wants a short stay in London.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King’s Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you found our staff friendly and helpful, the location convenient, our air conditioning system easy to use and overall our hotel of good value for money compared to our local competitors. I hope you enjoyed the Christmas shopping and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

You get what you pay for. A clean room with a good bed and a great shower. Great location, very close to King's Cross Tube station. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to visit London and get around easily.

Staff was also really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am pleased you found our staff members helpful and friendly, the room clean and comfortable and the location convenient. I am delighted that you would recommend the hotel to other travellers and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

we stayed in this hotel as a couple for 5 nights..we really liked this hotel ..it`s location is very good few mins away from kings cross / st pancras station.also a lot of restaurants cafeterias in the area.Theres a good restaurant for breakfast in front of hotel.It`s name is Capadocia .The hotel is a modern one and the rooms are very nice ...small but nice we booked online through agoda and we had all toiletries plus free wifi. one thing I did not like is the pillows they are very thin.They clean rooms after 4 nights ! I recommend this hotel for couples.

Room Tip: Room 704 is ok if u don't want to hear noise from outside it is on the 7th and the top floor of...

Dear Graziella,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King’s Cross and for taking the time to review your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the quality of our pillows. We are currently in discussions with the manufacturing company, in order to get them replaced. I am pleased that overall you found the hotel to your liking, the location convenient and that you consider recommending it to other travellers. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this budget hotel. We had a room in the basement as we had a cheaper room (without a window), but it didn't matter as we were only there for a night.

The room was small but clean and the shower was good. The hotel has the options of paying more for the use of a TV, safe and hair dryer, but we didn't bother.

The room had a strange air con system, basically it will only allow you to set the temperature within a 4 degree temperature range so when I went into the room it was 28 degrees. However after asking at reception they lowered the range (on a room by room basis) and it was a much more reasonable temperature.

The hotel doesn't provide parking, however I found a Europarks car park just around the corner which had a great weekend rate of only £5.50 for 24 hours.

King's Cross/St Pancras overground/underground stations are only 5 mins away and there are also lots of bus routes going towards Oxford Street and Covent Garden.

All in all a very pleasant experience, especially for the price we paid.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you encountered in regards of our air conditioning system, but I am pleased our staff members managed to correct it fast and efficient. We use indeed a computerized system which allows us to control the temperature of each room and I have since spoken with our reception team, which assured me more rigorous checks of the standard room temperature will be made prior to check-in. I am glad we managed to exceed your expectations with regards to the overall quality of the rooms, as well as the location of the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.