“Great value stay”

Ranked #344 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great value stay”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Small room but everything you need, extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. Great for short stays on business. All the 'extras' we'd ordered (towels, tv etc) were available. Checked in very late because of transport issues so rang the hotel to advise them, they had all the forms and room keys ready the moment we walked in, so the check-in was very quick. The rooms are compact but for a short stay that's not a problem. Lifts are very small, wouldn't like to use them if bringing a large suitcase.

Room Tip: Our room was on south side, so very quiet - could hardly hear any traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you were not informed that apart from the two front lifts we also have two more spacious lifts on the side corridors. I have since spoken with the reception team and I was assured that guests will be fully informed about our facilities upon check-in. I am pleased you found the room clean, with a comfortable bed, the service to your liking and overall the hotel great value for money. I look forward to welcoming you again next time you need accommodation in central London.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great value, scrupulously clean room with a proper power shower. Ideal accommodation for regular business travellers like me. Only minor gripe is that the receptionist while charming needs to improve her English; we had a tricky conversation when I asked for toiletries and she thought I meant toilet roll. Very amusing for the guy behind me in the queue though!

• Stayed November 2013
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your comments regarding our reception staff, and these will be used in our future staff training programs. I am pleased you found the room clean, with adequate shower facilities and overall the hotel great value for money. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Kirkcaldy
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Short walk from station, easy to find. Plenty places to get breakfast near by-McDonalds,Costa...plus a few shops and restaurants.
Rooms nice and clean, payed extra for TV and towels, no kettle in room but hot drinks available to buy at front desk for reasonable price.will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased you found the room nice and clean, as well as the location to your convenience. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to London.
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel is great if you only want to stop in London for a few days. I booked after reading the website thoroughly so I knew that there was no hair dryer, TV, drinks facilities etc.

We had towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel so I cannot complain. Room was big for London even though I booked a non windowed room which I thought would be in the middle of the hotel in a tiny broom cupboard.

We didn't like the first room so asked to move and the receptionist did this without any fuss.

Couple of tips:
- Book a windowless room! For a start they are in the middle of the hotel or the basement so there is no noise from passing traffic and who stays in their London hotel room long enough to look at the view out of the window anyway?

- If you have a low end room number, ask straight away to be moved to a higher number as all the lower are in the basement. Which is fine as it's so quiet. But there was no signal for phones and the rooms were ALOT smaller.

I would stay here again if I'm coming for just a night and need a child friendly place.

Room Tip: - Book a windowless room! For a start they are in the middle of the hotel or the basement so there i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you found the room spacious and quiet, and overall the hotel suitable for your needs. I look forward to welcoming you again next time you require accommodation in central London.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This place is the best place to stay on a budget as it provides all you need with a great location and access to anywhere in the city by tube or bus.

The room we had did not have a window but we didn't mind as all we did was sleep in it and get ready to go out in. If you had two people with a couple of big suitcases you might find it tight.

Bed was big enough, as was the shower and Toilet area.

All in all no complaints. Will stay again on return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jamie,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding you recent stay. I am delighted you found our hotel perfect for your needs, as well as the location convenient. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
milano
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel is conveniently located close to Kings Cross Tube hub and it is nice and clean at your arrival. Rooms are tiny and there is very little space to lay you luggage down and heating could be much more confortable. The most unpleasant piece of news is that room service is considered an extra for the first 3 nights. So if you like it clean, keep it clean!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paola c
Dear Paola,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear our concept was not entirely to your liking. As we operate a limited service concept and in order to keep the rates competitive the cleaning of the room is indeed taking place only after the third night, but we do offer additional cleaning for a small fee. I agree some of our room could be a bit compact, the size varying from 8 to 11 square metres, as specified on our website. I am pleased you found the room clean, as well as the location convenient and I hope I can welcome you again next time you need accommodation in central London.
Oakland, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I found this hotel via the Hotel Tonight app and I was a little skeptical about the size and location but it turned out for $99 (plus $20 tax) the room was a great deal. Kings Cross is a lot less sleazy than my dated memory - the whole area is either redeveloped or under development and it was a short 5 minute walk from the tube/rail station.

I got a room on the ground floor at the back of the hotel and it had no street noise. I felt like there was going to be a lot of noise from outside or the neighbors but in the end I didn't have any trouble at all. Plus I think people who sleep in anything but the fanciest and largest hotel rooms in a city should expect to use ear plugs. I did not need them.

Yes the room is small - my guess is around 120 sf and barely wider than the bed is long - but the space is well utilized. If you have a even a couple of bags you'll want to have them store them for you and there is just a small hanging space for clothes - no closet or drawers. If you are plus sized or very tall your may have a little difficulty with how close the toilet is to the wall (but I've seen that complaint in much larger rooms). I'm 5'10" and medium sized, no problem. Also if you're very big squeezing in and out of the shower past the folding door may be a challenged, but once you're in there it is larger than quite a few compact room showers I've been in. You have space to turn around and the shower worked well with no temperature or pressure issues that often plague British plumbing!

I found the room very clean, nice bed linen over firm but comfortable bed. The room had digital control over A/C and black out curtains so I had no problems sleeping.

The room prices had a list of extras like use of the safe, WiFi etc. but my charge included all those. I didn't mind paying the modest 2.50 GBP to store my bags during the day after I had checked out. There is also a few for early and late checkouts, normal checkout is 10am.

The lobby staff were the usual random collection of European nationalities with varying English language abilities. But London is in Europe and this is pretty much the same the world over. They were friendly and asked many times how my room was and if I needed anything when I saw them around.

The location is good for the Tube and train with access to many tube lines that will have you at Oxford Circus, Covent Garden, Leicester Square in just a few stops.

i would definitely stay in this hotel again especially at $99 a night. Remember when you're in London you shouldn't be spending all your time in the hotel - go out, walk the streets, eat, drink and enjoy the sites!

Room Tip: Ground floor at the back worked for me.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Simon,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write such a detailed review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted you found the reception staff friendly, the room clean, quiet, with a comfortable bed and adequate facilities. I am also pleased you found the location convenient, as well as the price to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to London.