“Near to Outlet Shopping Bus-stop, Spotlessly Clean”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #315 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel belongs to the Malaysian Tune Group. Chose it based on brand familiarity and price.

I was half-expecting a tiny and dusty windowless room, but I was surprised! The room was more spacious than I thought, despite operating for a few years, the room was well kept, spotlessly clean and fresh.

During check-in, I wanted to purchase towel rentals, but the manager said it was free for my booking, I assume this could possibly be a "hidden" benefit of booking direct on tunehotels.com, where middlemen fees are cut out.

The hotel is walking distance to King Cross Station, where many Tube lines and Eurostar intersect, super convenient to get around London, and onward to Paris.

I flew into London Gatwick Airport (budget airline hub), it was easy to take a direct FCC airport train to King Cross.

The hotel manager should also promote the fact that their hotel is near the Outlet Shopping Bus-stop, the express bus picks up passengers at the nearby Royal National Hotel direct to Bicester Village Outlet. I had many great tax-free bargains there.

All in all, I am highly recommending this hotel.

PS: I don't understand why some guests complain about the small lift, it is not as if one is going to sleep in the lift right?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted we have managed to exceed your expectations by offering what you identified as a spacious, clean and fresh room, in a convenient location. We do actually advertise and sell tours in partnership with Evan Evans, one of the tours being the one to Bicester Village Shopping Centre. I was also assured by the reception team that guests will be better informed upon check-in about all the available tours. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to London.
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,560)

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I booked this hotel for its proximity to Kings Cross train station and have to say I cannot fault it. Its easy to find and well located, reception were efficient at check in and check out which were my only dealings with them. The room itself whilst small, which they do advise you of before booking was spotlessly clean, comfortable and well appointed with TV and Wifi, bathroom was large with an efficient shower. Really cant fault it would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you found our reception staff efficient, the room clean and comfortable, with facilities to your liking, as well as the location convenient. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed in the Tune at King's Cross last year and was so please with the stay that we booked it again for this year's shopping trip.
Nothing, for us, has changed. Receptionists were still as pleasant and helpful. The rooms are as they were last year - clean, well kept and excellent value for what we paid.
Again, though, as the rooms are small I'd advise going for a room with windows. It get's a bit noisy but it's on a very busy street, although we always had a good night's sleep.
No complaints from us again. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Try for a room with windows.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Stephen,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay. I am delighted we have managed to offer you the same enjoyable experience as last year. I am also pleased you found our reception staff pleasant and helpful, the room clean, as well as the hotel excellent value for money. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

If you are looking for somewhere to sleep for a night or two while you're in London, this is a great hotel. It's very close to King's Cross Station, which is precisely why I chose it. The rooms are very modern, well-furnished, and warm. They are very small, but when you consider how affordable the hotel is against the central London location that really isn't a problem. The room I stayed in was very clean, a nice temperature, and quiet.

I found that the staff were very friendly and helpful. Check-in was smooth, even though the woman attending to me was a trainee. There is a shop next door and plenty of pubs and restaurants about.

The only complaint I have is that the WiFi was awful. I was only in London for an interview, but I needed a consistent connection to finish off some work for a client. The WiFi kicked me off every ten-minutes at first and eventually began kicking me off every time I went from page-to-page. I have never had this problem anywhere before. That aside, everything else I paid for in my add-ons package was great. The TV worked well and the fluffy white towels were great after a day of walking around London.

All in all, I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Laura,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that problems with the wireless Internet connection affected the quality of your stay. Should you have mentioned this to any of our reception staff they could have assisted you by restarting the routers or by giving you access to one of the lobby computers. I am pleased you found our staff friendly and helpful, the room clean, modern and quiet, the facilities to your liking, as well as the location convenient. I look forward to welcoming you again next time you need accommodation in central London.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed at Tune Hotels Kings Cross in the beginning of November, 2013. It is great value, with a simple style, clean and fresh decor and a fabulous location. It is relatively cheap for the area but is very pleasant, minutes away from Kings Cross/St Pancras Stations. Great pub across the road - Lucas Arms - for a good value and delicious meal and cosy environment.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Melissa,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted you found our hotel clean and fresh, the location convenient, as well as the price to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Small room but everything you need, extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. Great for short stays on business. All the 'extras' we'd ordered (towels, tv etc) were available. Checked in very late because of transport issues so rang the hotel to advise them, they had all the forms and room keys ready the moment we walked in, so the check-in was very quick. The rooms are compact but for a short stay that's not a problem. Lifts are very small, wouldn't like to use them if bringing a large suitcase.

Room Tip: Our room was on south side, so very quiet - could hardly hear any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you were not informed that apart from the two front lifts we also have two more spacious lifts on the side corridors. I have since spoken with the reception team and I was assured that guests will be fully informed about our facilities upon check-in. I am pleased you found the room clean, with a comfortable bed, the service to your liking and overall the hotel great value for money. I look forward to welcoming you again next time you need accommodation in central London.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great value, scrupulously clean room with a proper power shower. Ideal accommodation for regular business travellers like me. Only minor gripe is that the receptionist while charming needs to improve her English; we had a tricky conversation when I asked for toiletries and she thought I meant toilet roll. Very amusing for the guy behind me in the queue though!

• Stayed: November 2013
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your comments regarding our reception staff, and these will be used in our future staff training programs. I am pleased you found the room clean, with adequate shower facilities and overall the hotel great value for money. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.