“Great hotel”

Ranked #340 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Fakenham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed here over New Years and have to say I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and everything was very clean and well maintained. As its a budget hotel you're basically paying for the room and optional extras and their costs such as towels, hair dryer and TV are clearly displayed on the hotel's website and at the hotel. However, as I booked through laterooms.com I had towels, toiletries, TV and hair dryer included in my booking. The rooms are quite compact but as you're in London you're not going to be spending much time in your rooms, its all you need to sleep and wash comfortably. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, but it would have been nice to have an extra pillow (as I was on my own I could the second pillow on the bed but a couple might have sore necks with just one pillow each). Being on the sixth floor I could hear little to no road noise however with the appaling weather the wind howled past the window quite loudly. I don't know if this was just because the wind was so strong or if the window's were faulty in my room (the seal around the window didn't seem to close properly when I shut it). King's Cross is a leisurely 5 minute walk away, from where you can catch the Underground to explore the city, eat at some of the restaurants at the station, or grab some snacks at the M&S food (there is also a shop next to the hotel where you can get sandwiches, pastries and great coffee). Also the lifts were very small, room for two people and two small suitcases at most, but overall I was very impressed with this hotel, and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms quieter, I was on the sixth floor and heard barely any traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent festive stay.

Pleased to read such kind appraisal of our staff and facilities.

It is unfortunate you have experienced problem with the window seal which we can assure you has been fixed.

Hope we see you soon on your next visit to London.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Great location, nice and clean, maybe lacks a bit of extra space in the rooms and perhaps could include tea and coffee making facilities for those who want refreshments. However you pay for what you get and for the money my only complaint is having to leave.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled you have found our location and facilities satisfying for the value.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel is close to kings cross station. The rooms are very clean. The beds are comfortable and the internet is reliable. It is extremely cheap and an awesome deal. I hope they open one up in my city soon.

Room Tip: The highest floor is the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are pleased your experience with us has been delightful.

Hope to welcome you again.
York
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked rooms either side of Christmas and were not disappointed. Short walk from Kings Cross and St. Pancras. Reception staff very friendly and the young woman remembered us from our first stay. Lift small, but the rooms were good. Very clean room and en-suite, towels (large and fluffy1) and soap are worth the small extra charge if travelling light.
Did not use refreshment facilities as had early start on both occasions. However, next door is a Local mini market. Very pleasant staff, and it opens at 7am. We got fresh baked croissants and pastries and lovely coffee from there. Good tip as M & S at St Pancras does not open until 8am on a Sunday, too late for our train check in.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted you were impresses with our staff.

Glad you found our facilities very clean to your taste.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked three double rooms for New Year's Eve at £95 per room. Hotel is 5 minute walk from Kings Cross train/tube station and approximately 1 hour walk from centre ie Embankment/Strand. Easy and pleasant check. We were allocated rooms below ground level but each room had a window/windows. One room was tiny (so it would be very difficult with any luggage) but the other two were slightly bigger. Rooms are small compared to other hotels but very well thought out, as was the en-suite and both were spotlessly clean. The bed was really comfortable. We found all rooms quite hot and couldn't quite master the air conditioning, but we slept ok anyway with windows open. I booked through Expedia so all extras were included eg: tv, great fluffy towels, basic toiletries, hairdryer. Whilst in London we only used the room to sleep and freshen up so it was perfect. This was our first experience with Tune Hotels and would definitely recommend the chain and use them again ourselves.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

I was happy to read your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad you found us to your liking and you are adamant in your recommendation.

I look forward to your next visit.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I booked two rooms at this hotel for the weekend before Christmas and was more than happy with the hotel. It is in a very convenient location to Kings Cross and the underground to pretty much anywhere in London. There are a few places nearby for eating and drinking but public transport is great and I doubt you would stay too long in the area.

I was slightly apprehensive at the thought of no windows in the rooms especially as I like a cool room when sleeping but had no problems at all. The rooms are bright with good lighting so we didn't really notice not having a window.

Take notice of the hotels add-on policy, I heard someone at reception complaining about paying extra for things but it is very well advertised on the website and upon check-in so you can't really blame the hotel.

Overall very impressed and will definitely consider this hotel for future trips to London.

Room Tip: If there are two of you in a room you might want to ask for two room keys as they power the lights a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Tune Hotel King's Cross and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am exceptionally pleased we have managed to offer you such an enjoyable stay. I am also delighted you found the room to your liking, as well as the location convenient. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Mihai
M. Radulescu
Guest Relations Manager
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Good hotel, staff friendly & pleasant, good location. Coffees hop across the road & walking distance to the station.
Only complaint was the internet didn't work (paid for supplement) & hair dryer hadn't been activated (again, paid for supplement)
Would stay here again but would take my own toiletries & not pay the upgrade supplement as the internet didn't work for the duration of our stay (ongoing issues according to the staff).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MihaiRadulescu, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Once again, please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered with the hair dryer and with our Internet service. I have since spoken with our maintenance department and with the network provider and I was assured these issues have all been resolved. I am pleased you found the staff friendly and pleasant, the location convenient and overall the hotel to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,