“Excellent budget hotel”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #334 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly, as our offices are located two minutes away. As budget hotels go this really does lift the bar. for central London advance purchase prices are almost unbeatable. Rooms are always spotless, very modern. there are no frills such as a kettle in the room but you can buy hot drinks from reception at a reasonable price. I take my own travel kettle now for convenience.
The rooms are compact, but if you're not planning to spend a long time in them they're fine - very comfortable beds, thermostatically controlled AC / Heating easy to use.

Room Tip: I've stayed here many times never had a problem with any of their rooms. very quite good sound i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know you often stay with us, and finds us suitable to your needs.

I am very pleased our design, concept and cleanliness level has always measured up to your expectations.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,443)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed at Tune a couple of times before so know to expect a smallish room with exceptionally clean sheets and big shower that is also clean - however this time we stayed in a tiny room ( not that we need much - we were only sleeping) and although the sheets were immaculate we only got one pillow each this time - I'm sure we had two on previous occasions. The shower/bathroom had not received the usual thorough clean - we found black bits on the sealant in the shower, glass not polished and hair on the toilet and on the floor near to the toilet. Apart from those tiny things it is still ridiculously cheap if you book in advance and is really close to Euston and Kings Cross. Would stay again just for the nearness to stations and helpful staff.

Room Tip: We always choose a room without windows - you do not get any traffic noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindybow
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Lindybow,

Thank you for taking the time to give us detailed review on your recent stay at the Tune Hotel Kings Cross.

I am very disappointed about the cleaning standard, please accept my apology. I have also discussed with my Head Housekeeper and, would like to assure you a retraining section has taken place within the team. As a standard we only provide two pillows in all our bedrooms.

I am very pleased the front desk team were helpful to you and also finds our rate to be reasonable.

It is with great pleasure to know you will be staying on your next visit to the capital.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here 5 days with a friend, the staff was very nice and helpful and the room was very nice and clean, however very small. The bed however was hard as a brick.
The wifi was not the best as it didnt always work, at least when we stayed there.
Location is great, walking distance if you want, to almost everything, and close to train and subway.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank traveler s
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I was pleased to read our staff were helpful and to your liking and was sorry to read that our beds were too hard for your liking, our mattresses are supplied by Hypnos and are the same standard as used in luxury hotels around the world.

We have recently upgraded our internet service and hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Tune Hotel is one of the best place to stay for price/quality ratio in London. Located close to the King's Cross Station is easy to reach by underground, even from Hethrow Airport. Nestled in a quiet and well served zone is the best solution for an average stay in the British capital.

Room Tip: There is also the possibility to book rooms without windows, ideal for keeping low the price for sho...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Aurever

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel a second time I am delighted our service has continued to match your expectations on price and quality. The team hope to welcome you on your next visit to Kings Cross.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Myself and my fiancè stayed here for 3 nights recently and must say it was absolutely perfect for our needs.

The location is perfect being only a 5-10 minute stroll from Kings Cross Station which has the benefit of being on 4 tube lines to and around central London. The area around the hotel is also extremely nice with a number of bars, restaurants, cafes and shops being close by which was convenient for picking up drinks for the room. There is no mini bar or room service in this hotel, but the recpetion do sell drinks and coffees, however there is also a shop directly next door.

We were staying on the 4th floor in a room without a window. This didn't cause any problems for us at all and was actually quite nice as the room as completely dark when sleeping which for me, is perfection! The room wasn't massive but I must admit I was pleasantly suprised by it's size after reading some of the reviews on here, but maybe we were lucky as our room was quite spacious and we had no problem with finding a place for our luggage or belongings.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we will defnitely be staying here when we next come to London!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your detailed review I was pleased to read you will be staying again, and that Tune hotels was perfect for your needs.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have stayed at Tune Kings Cross several times now. I think it is exceptional value for money. Rooms are always spotless. Staff always friendly, available and helpful and getting the bill is the best bit! (Twin en suite room for myself and daughter for £55 - £27.50 each!)

I feel warm, safe and clean at Tune. I travel into King's Cross Station so it's 3 mins walk. And you can call them direct and they answer the phone at the hotel. E.g. I enquired about left luggage the night before my stay. Got straight through. Very friendly. £2.50 per bag all day - staffed 24 hours. It was exactly what I wanted to hear.

Room Tip: I deliberately go for the rooms with no windows as they tend to be very quiet. You don't stay i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Dan

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review.

It is satisfying to hear you are a regular Tune Hotel user, and that our staff consistently deliver a friendly and helpful service, with the brand offering you value for money. Your review was a pleasure to read and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here in august for just under a week. Got a great deal on their website. Room was small and did not have any windows so it was hard to judge the weather outside in the morning lol. Wasnt really in the hotel much but the staff seemed very helpful and the hotel was spotless. Would recommend to stay here 100%. 2 stops away from camden and oxford street on the tube and like a 10 minute taxi ride to town if your wanting to go out at night.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
StuartClay, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words detailing your satisfaction during your recent stay. I am delighted the hotels cleanliness and our location made for a great visit.

We hope to welcome you back on your next London shopping trip