“Horribly uncomfortable beds”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #352 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I can deal with no windows, tiny rooms without room for your luggage, but not uncomfortable spring beds. There's just no excuse for an uncomfortable night's stay and back problems the next morning. Plus confused, young and cold staff who were reluctant to change my room. Oh, and this hotel is a Malaysian chain. Need I say more?

Room Tip: Don't get a room with windows. You'll either be facing street noise or an ugly depressing in...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dep G
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Depgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Tune Hotel Kings Cross.

I am very sorry to read you did not enjoy a good night sleep and would like to assure you our mattresses are from Hypnos beds, used by most major 5 star hotel chains and will be feeding back your comment to them.

I would like to apologize for our staff being cold to you. It is very unusual, and we have taken measures and re-training has taken place in order to provide better service.

I hope you would consider staying with us again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,301)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Loved my stay here! I´m a budget traveller but never accept sleeping in a filthy place. Well If you are anything like me, you´ll love this place. It´s a super clean, great located hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room is really small but you won´t find anything better for this price in London. Bathroom was clean and sheets and towels were extra-white and looked quite new. It´s walking distance from kings cross station and still the rooms are quiet and you can have some great sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Memilandia

Dear Memilandia,

Thank you for your kind review.

It is a pleasure to know our cleanliness level was up to your standard and you have enjoyed a good night sleep.

Very pleased to read our team was friendly and helpful during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you at Tune Hotel Kings Cross on your next visit to the Capital.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you are a budget traveller this is the place for you
great location, clean rooms.
Of course the rooms are very small, but in london for this price I dont think you can find better.
The only bad thing is that the bathroom is maybe a littlle bit to small.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Tune Hotel Kings Cross during your recent visit.

I am glad to know we have proven to be a great choice for your budget trip to London.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in our hotel on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I visited tune for one night on business. I had several meetings all over london and so needed a central base - I wasnt disappointed! I booked at short notice but the price was great given the location.

On arrival I went to reception where one lady was on the phone and the other was idol. I started speaking and she pointed at the lady on the phone indicating that I had to wait - not the best welcome! However when I was checked in the receptionist was very helpful and told me about the ironing room when I asked about facilities.

The room itself was small but had everything I really needed. The fold out table was too small to do work and there was no convenient plug socket but it was a good use of the small space and I simply worked on my bed. I used the ironing room and found it really convenient. The room was too small for an ironing board and so it is great they provide this facility - very thoughtful.

The bed was fantastic, although may have been quite small for two. The bedding was obviously of good quality and I had a great sleep.

The shower was really powerful which I didn't expect, albeit a little small. I did find it awkward that i wasnt able to plug in my hair straighteners next to the big mirror. I had to stand on the bed to use the mirrors above it as sitting down they were too high to see my head!!

Check out was quick, perfect for an early meeting. I will definitely be using the hotel regularly and will recommend to my colleagues.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eli1989W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed review on you recent stay with us.

I would like to apologize for your initial welcome to our hotel. That is not our practice, and I would like to thank you for raising it as an issue and to assure you the staff member has been re-trained accordingly.

I am pleased that the rest of your experience with our team has been pleasant and helpful.

Glad you enjoyed our lovely Hypnos bed and powerful shower.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next business trip to the city of London.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed again and good price clean hotel in good location. Staff are friendly and were busy helping tourists with directions when i arrived. I was dealt with quickly and efficiently with no hassle. Even with the extras costed in it is still best value in this area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank plaistowboy
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Tune Hotel Kings Cross following your second time visit.

It is with pleasure to read you have enjoyed our prime location, friendly staff and great facilities for a good price.

We hope to welcome you on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had a great experience and a lovely stay at Tune Hotel Kings Cross! The atmosphere was pleasant and the staff was exceptional and friendly. The customer service exceeded even our highest expectations. Every time we came through the front door the receptionist Eve greeted us with a warm welcome and always made sure we feel like home. Making a reservation at Tune Hotel Kings Cross was a great decision and we can't wait to be your guests again!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Alaska_girl2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful review.

It is with great pleasure to read the front desk team has been attentive and helpful by making your experience with us a pleasant one.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Tune Hotel Kings Cross on your next visit to the capital.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My very first stay at a Tune Hotel (King's Cross) was a revelation - clean, comfortable and amazing value for money. All I wanted was a place to rest my head at night and I got so much more. I shall return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jolli,

Thank you for you kind review following your recent stay at the Tune Hotel Kings Cross.

I am pleased we have managed to exceed your expectations and your first stay with us would not be your last.

We hope to have the chance to accommodate you soon.