“6 people 3 rooms 3 days”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross
Ranked #351 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“6 people 3 rooms 3 days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel is clean and close to the underground.
Good quality/price ratio
Small rooms
Small breakfast available in the hotel but many coffee shops are close around.
Pubs and restaurants are available in the area.
I hope your room next-door neighbor will not shot the shower stall too heavely. You will hear him.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you have enjoyed our location and cleanliness level, as well as our quality and price ratio.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My bf and I booked a windowless room for 1 night as we were coming down to London ready for an early start on Saturday and literally just wanted a place to sleep. We only added on a towell and toiletry kit each.

The hotel was modern and clean. Whilst the room was quite small, it was perhaps even bigger than i was expecting and had little space saving tricks like a pull down shelf with a socket behind it to charge phones etc.

The bed was pretty small, but fine for one night - I dont think I could have done longer in there as a couple.

It was a little weird not having a window as there was no natural light to wake you up but the air con worked really well to keep the temperature as we wanted it.

Reception is availlable 24 hours and you can get tea or coffee from there.

All in all, compared to what else you can get in London for £70, this place was great and exactly what we needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gingerhdh
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross, responded to this review, 30 April 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased to read you have enjoyed our location and cleanliness level.

I am delighted our hotel has provided exactly what you needed for your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again.
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel was close to Kings Cross station which made traveling easy. It was clean and though the room was small, we had enough room to walk around without getting in each other's way.

The only possible reason we would not stay here again is due to the amount of money we spent on trips from Kings Cross to get around the city. Understanding the Tube system pay rates is a must when deciding where to stay--but this is a GREAT location and has a very helpful staff.

We felt safe an comfortable for our entire stay (short of the bed being a bit hard).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank knabes13
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words.

I am pleased to read our location has eased up your travelling and you have enjoyed our cleanliness level.

It is nice to read the team has proven helpful to you and finds the hotel safe.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

As others have said the location is very good especially if coming into London by train - just a few minutes walk from the station.
On arrival the check in was efficient and friendly. The room is small but all that's needed.
Clean and modern. Comfy bed. Hot shower although not much room.
The room had windows which is probably what I would book again.
We did get towels, hair dryer, tv included in our price.
Check out is 10.00 which is early but can pay for a later time.
We had fruit juice bought for the morning then out for a breakfast.
Would certainly stay here again. Great value for London- money saved spent on show tickets!

Room Tip: Try and get extras included in price and windows!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JMMCK
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review.

It is a pleasure to read you found our hotel modern and clean, and our beds and showers have provided the needed comfort after a long day in the city.

I am glad the team was friendly and efficient when dealing with your check in.

I look forward to your next stay with us.
Le Havre, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Thumbs up for Tune Hotel King s cross: rooms are very clean, staff is great and really helpful . Everything is convenient ( lockers, tourist info, fresh coffee, Web, Tv.. ) and VERY close to St Pancras and the many Bus stops to touristy London. Although the road below is quite busy , we had a great sleep . Highly recommended for a cheap family trip in London !!!!

Room Tip: May be a little noisy , but we had a great sleep, and it s VERY cheap !
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alm a
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words.

I am glad you have enjoyed every aspect of our hotel.

It is a pleasure to read the staff has been truly helpful and friendly to you.

I look forward to welcome you on your next family trip to London.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The location was perfect. It was close to St Pancras so we got to our train easily when we went to France. Got to the hotel around 11am and checked in early for an extra fee. Staff was friendly and quick. Although our room was small, it was spotless and very modern. We had a window facing the street. There was a good selection of channels (although it seemed like there was nothing interesting to watch at all).
At night however, it can get very noisy. I heard sirens going on at least every 1-2 hours at night, so it may nit be ideal for light sleepers. But, traffic can be a little loud.
I went on a walk alone at night (8pm/2000 hours or so). In the day, there were lots of people so I felt safe. At this time at night, there were still some people walking by, but not a lot. I just didn't quite feel so safe. I just walked around the block (which turns out to be longer than I thought, since it's an odd shaped block), but I think I stumbled upon a red light district. There were red lights or lanterns in a section away from the main street, so I turned back immediately. It was a little scary, being a young woman walking alone at night (yeah, I know that wasn't the smartest idea). I looked later online, and King's Cross does have a red light district. So be aware of this.
There was also an instance where the power went out in my room, and that was after I got back from my walk. My plug must've been faulty. I was charging my iPad for an hour or so, but then suddenly the socket exploded with sparks and we lost power in my room. It was late, so I thought I'd just let staff know when I was gonna leave in the morning. In the morning, staff was already looking into it, and within 5 mins go talking to me about it, power was back on. And I wasn't charged anything. Excellent customer service!
I do feel that the room is a little but pricey. If it was lowered, I would stay here every time I come to London, despite the things I don't necessarily like. Eh, I'd still probably stay here despite the price due to the convenience and good customer service.

Thank you for your kind review.

It is a delight to read you found our location perfect, and our facilities clean and modern.

I am pleased the team has proven to be friendly, and have managed your queries quickly.

I hope to welcome you soon and to provide you with the great customer service for you.
Saint-Gregoire, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

the hotel is very well located, it is less than 10 mins from King's cross station. The staff is very helpful and friendly staff, this is a good value for money hotel for short stay. There are several places to have breakfast/diner in the immediate surroundings.

Room Tip: prefer a room with a window for more than 2 nights stay

Thank you for your kind review.

I am very glad you found our location suitable for your travel needs. It is a pleasure to read the team was helpful and friendly to you.

I look forward to welcome you again at Tune Hotel King’s Cross.