“Great crash pad!”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #351 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If your looking for a place to rest after a day out in London and don't care for frills then this place is exactly what you need. £80 per night got me a large bed ( nicely firm mattress), clean linen, a powerful shower and peace and quiet ( I was in the basement). What it didn't get me was towels, TV, Internet or room service, but to be honest you don't need them ( maybe the towels but you can either bring/ buy your own or rent them at front desk). Great location just five mins walk from kings cross station and lovely staff. Would definitely go here again!

Room Tip: Having only stayed here this once, I can only say that the basement seems to be the quietest option.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelgem82
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time to share your experience of staying with us.

Tune Hotels aim to provide our guests good night sleeps, power shower, comfort and convenient location at very affordable prices and overall we are glad to hear that we were able to provide you with all these services that we promise.

Thank you for highlighting that our cleanliness was top notch and staffs were all very welcoming.

We hope to host you again for your next trip in London.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the perfect location! 5 minutes max to Kings Cross, 7 to the British library. So convenient. While the rooms were small, we didn't need any more room. If you book through Expedia then you'll get free wi-fi and A/C. Such a perfect hotel for the price!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessiAmy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor following your recent with us.

We are pleased to hear you found our hotel convenient at a perfect price.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at Tune Hotels near King's Cross station. With a five minute walk to a main station, many eateries, cafées and pubs nearby, the location is great. The room I stayed in was a pleasant surprise: quite big, modern feel, very clean and comfortable. The bathroom is quite small and tight but perfectly functional. I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. I had bought the basic add on package which is recommended for anyone wanting the regular comforts of a hotel stay. The fact that you pay for what you actually need is great and gives travellers the opportunity to stay at a quite reasonable price. For the price I paid for my stay, I would have expected less than I got and I am really happy to already know where to stay next time I'm in London.

Room Tip: I requested a room high up and on the 6th floor, I even had a view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarabema

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to know you were pleased with your stay and we offered good value for your money.

I am glad to read you found our room modern, very clean and comfortable and also our bathroom perfectly practical.

We hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights and found the room as well as the wash room to be very clean. More than what is inside the hotel, the location of the hotel is the winner; so is the case with most parts of London where you can reach the Underground/Tube from almost any place, no?

Now to the negatives: My room was really cramped; even my laptop had to be on the bed. Anything other than the room is charged. There is no water heater in the room to make even a cup of coffee or tea - you must go buy that from the reception. They have the check-out time as early as 10am and if you are to use the hotel's cloak room, they charge you for that - which I felt was a bit too much.

Room Tip: Avoid 701 - cramped. No idea if others are any less cramped.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay.

I am pleased you found our room very clean and the location winner in the area to you.

Our rooms are space-efficient and we make no effort to deceive guests about our concept because we believe that saving money whilst not compromising on customer service, cleanliness or location is more important to a lot of travellers than having excess space which you probably won't need whilst visiting London.

Our website advise that we don’t offer food and beverages in the room but as you mentioned for a small fee 24 hours available at the front desk.

We look forward to having your with us in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Tunes hotel Kings Cross the night before our departure from St Pancras on a tour to Avignon, France. We had to be at the station by 8:30am so this meant staying overnight in London, never an inexpensive night. We were happy to stay at the Tunes. Clean room and bathroom, and size though small, not unlike what you would find in Paris or Hong Kong on a budget. Bed comfy. We paid extra for the towels, TV package. You also have to pay if you want to use the in-roon safe. But if you don't want these things, it costs less. We paid roughly £60 for the night. There are many eating places nearby such as McD's, Burger King, ethnic food and finer dining. The walk to St Pancras or Kings Cross takes 15 minutes from the hotel so no need for a taxi either. I would stay again and bring my own towel.

Room Tip: Elevator is very tiny enough for 2. Stairs open and wide next to lift. We had room on 2nd floor faci...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Cheereone,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you found our location so convenient for your stay. In order to offer the best prices to our guests we have several space-efficient amenities in our rooms.

We target the traveller who would much rather spend their time and money out and about enjoying London than on hotel facilities and amenities which we deem unnecessary.

It really makes all our efforts worthwhile when our guests are satisfied with the service we provide.

We hope to welcome you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great experience like all Tune Hotels - however in terms of location I think it comes second compared to Tune Paddington - unless you're in transit before travelling on to the North (Kings Cross/Euston) or Europe (St Pancras International). But still a great place.

Room Tip: Ask for bigger room at check in (or by email to the front desk or cust service beforehand) if travel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us.

It is our principle to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standard of service at all times.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit and thank you for your loyalty to Tune Hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked this hotel purely on the price, as it is one of very few hotels in London which costs less than £100 a night. The price of this hotel actually meant we could afford to stay for two nights rather than just one. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival after being a bit dubious when booking due to the low price (not sure what to expect) and noticing they operate an add-on service, which means you have to pay extra for towels, housekeeping, hair dryer, the safe and even use of the TV in the room. It makes you consider what you actually need and we went for just towel and hair dryer. We slept very well both nights and with it being a warm weekend we were glad of the air conditioning unit in the room. There is not much storage in the room so expect to live out of a suitcase, and although there were mirrors all over the room there was not one full length - only a minor issue.

The location of the hotel is great, with underground links from Kings Cross Station (although you can't buy a ticket from the machine at Kings cross, you can only top up oyster cards - heaven knows why!). We only used the tube once as we actually found all our main sites were in walking distance. 20 mins walk to Covent Garden and Leicester Sq and 10 min walk to Euston Station. There is a great little shopping centre called the Brunswick which is about 5 mins away, with shops, restaurants and a cinema. There are takeaways, coffee shops and pubs in the direct vicinity of the hotel and the area seems very multi-cultural and studenty.

We would definitely go back and stay there again, or any of their other London hotels. I would recommend to anyone who wants to stay in the centre of London for a very reasonable price and not compromise on location or comfort.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pjbut

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay.

We are glad to know you found our rooms clean and comfortable as we aim to provide guests a good night sleep and your comments show we have managed to do so.

As you clearly pointed out there are many café's and restaurants around the area which means there are plenty places to go nearby within a walking distance.

It is great to know you have saved some money on our great budget prices.

We are looking forward to see you soon.