“Perfect city break hotel”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #344 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Carlisle
“Perfect city break hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel ticks every box in a list of City break hotel requirements. Good location very close to Kings Cross and St Pancras, and not too far from Euston that you can't walk it.
Rooms, you get what you pay for, ours had no extras and served us well, great bed and shower. Staff very friendly.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for leaving your feedback. As you mentioned, our mission is to provide clean and comfortable rooms at terrific value, so it’s great to hear that we achieved our goal.

Our rooms are space efficient, but every room has Hypnos mattresses which are used in major 4 and 5 star hotels on our beds and power showers in every bathroom.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recommend this hotel to every single one of my friends who's planning to visit London. I was worried the rooms would be too small but it was just perfect for two persons. What I liked the most was the fact that it was super clean and very close to the Kings Cross station. From there you could literally go anywhere, which we really appreciated as we wanted to see - well, everything in 3 days. The only thing that prevents me from giving this hotel 5 stars is the staff that worked there during our visit. They were very rude and uninterested in helping us during the 3 nights that we stayed there, but it honestly didn't matter as we only needed them when we checked in and out.

I recommend this hotel to people, especially couples, who's in London during a weekend to explore as much as possible. And to people who appreciates really clean and comfortable rooms. This is the perfect hotel for you!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad your stay was pleasant, and the room you were allocated was comfortable and habitable with the space enough to use.

However I am disappointed and do apologise the staff were not welcoming, I will look into it and re-train the front desk team.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us again.
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here with my friends for one night and couldn't have asked for anything better. Really good value for money, clean and modern and perfect for a night where you just need a bed to crash in. We paid a little bit extra for the "comfy pack" and was a nice extra to have.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you’ve taken out to write us a review.

I am delighted our concept worked perfectly for you and guaranteed you a comfortable night with a reasonable price.

I look forward to having you with us again.
Herning, Denmark
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a 2 nights stay at the Tune Hotel Kings Cross. It's close to the Kings Cross Station with lots of different underground routes. I like the way things are done at the hotel: You only pay for what you get. We wanted a late checkout, and paid 15GBP to stay in the room till 1pm. Staff is friendly and the room was practically brand new.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MadsHaulund
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear guest,

I appreciate the time you have taken out to write this review.

I am glad your stay was pleasant and location convenient for you, I appreciate your understanding of our concept and delighted it has worked for you.

I will look forward to welcoming you in future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 7 nights recently and have nothing but good things to say about it! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I personally like the fact that you don't pay for the extras unless you want them. Every request or question I had was dealt with positively and pro-actively (especially when the fuse went my first day and one of the front desk staff ran up and fixed it right away). My one and only 'complaint' is that I was unaware of the deal with Expedia and paid full price for my comfort package...not sure where it's advertised but I never saw it and most of the guests received it. Minor complaint! (oh, and the tv is Freeview, not cable, so not sure if the price is really worth it?).

All in all I would definitely stay again, and recommend to my friends!
Thanks again,
Jackie

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jacqueline H
Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted your stay was comfortable and pleasant and staff were able to help you with all your enquiries.

In regards to the comfort package, if you book through Expedia you get a comfort pack included in your reservation but if you have booked through our website you will need to purchase it separately.

I look forward to receiving you again.
manchester, UK
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was put in this hotel overnight for a business trip to London. I was not really expecting much from the place due to the way the stay is structured - where you add things onto your room - a bit like the cheap flight model. However, all was perfectly fine! The room was clean and bright and had everything needed - however, I would say it would be quite cramped for two people.

I think the only things missing were a tea/coffee tray (you could go to reception and buy these-but that's not v practical first thing in the morning) and lack of hanging space - its ok overnight, but would be frustrating for longer stays.

The location was convenient and well served by transport and although there was no dining facilities at the hotel, there's plenty close by.

Room Tip: not a room tip - but you get a free coffee if you 'check in' on facebook!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent.

Our rooms are space efficient with all the necessary essentials for a good night sleep allowing us to keep our prices extremely competitive.

I am pleased you found our location central, with great transport links convenient for your stay.

We hope to welcome you on your next visit to the capital.

Victor Viseho - General Manager
U.S.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I understand that Tune Hotels has a policy to reduce waste, overuse of supplies and save money. So they came up with a list of add-ons you can have in your room if you pay extra cash (see their list). I think some of them make sense. For example, I really don't need my room cleaned every day. When you need it, you ask and pay for it. This prevents those early morning knocks on the room, too.

BUT, the hotel (especially this on at King's Cross) completely abuses this policy. One major thing I have a real problem with is the fact that they want you to pay to get in the room if you arrive reasonably early, even though they do have clean rooms available! First of all, the check-in time is too late and check-out is too early (3pm and 10 am) compared to any other respectable hotel. And, they don't even do that much cleaning that would cause the rooms to back up (remember, they don't clean rooms every day)! So, they came up with this abusive and completely discourteous idea that they would ask their guests to wait until 3 pm if they don't pay to get in their own rooms. This is just abuse of their own policies (unless you show up early in the morning demanding a room) and flat out bribery!

I arrive around 1:30 pm after a long and tiring journey. They sais the check-in time was 3 pm. I asked if they had clean rooms available. They said "yes, of course!" So I said "can I get in one of them then?" They replied "sure, if you pay!" So they dangle a bunch of rooms in front of you in one hand, and the 3 pm ridiculous check-in time in the other and say "pay me, pay me now!" They are not even nice about it!

Also, who doesn't need a hairdryer in a room? And, even though you don't, how could you overuse it?

Anyway, in my opinion, they started with good intentions maybe, but they are now completely abusing their own system (and their guests) for more money. This hotel at King's Cross is not even cheaper than the others around (I know because I've stayed at another one recently and they were perfectly courteous and helpful).

I travel a lot. Unless this hotel chain stops asking for bribes, I will NEVER stay at any other Tune Hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank JadeUS11
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Jade,

I was disappointed to read your review especially after you say you understand our add-on concept and in your last paragraph where you have highlighted what a great value offering the hotel provides.

We clearly display all our charges online and do not hide anything from our guests.
All guests have different tastes and requirements, and clearly the concept if not for you, we do however as you have mentioned offer a great value modern and clean alternative to all the local competition as can be seen by our ranking on Tripadvisor.

I will provide re-training to our teams on the front desk on the add-on policies.