Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
US$181
US$429
US$230
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$294
US$193
US$170
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$273
US$264
US$251
HotelsClick
  • Pool
4,708 results
All reviewstune hotelwindowless roomwithout windowsno windowbudget hotelst pancrasshort stayrooms are smallluggage storageearly checkplace to sleepair contrain stationwi ficlean hotelcomfortable bedconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I paid £125 and I wouldn't recommend it for that price. It's great if you manage a better deal than that. I booked through Agoda and so had the towels, shampoo, safe, wi-fi and TV included. Otherwise you pay for each of these. I understand the point is to keep costs low and you only pay for what you need. But I could understand that if it was cheap!! Not great service when I wanted to check in. I asked a question and the response was a mutter and a point to another lady on reception and then she just walked off. It was then explained that she isn't good at English and has only been here for a month. And? You're working in a hotel in central London. You should speak English.
I was disgusted by the fact that someone I was meeting in London had said he'd come from a Travelodge with a big room with a chair and desk and everything you expect to be included in a hotel (I mean, paying for towels...come on!! That's personal hygiene!) all for £29.
I arrived early as I had to be somewhere and I was asked to pay £10 for early check in which I don't get as if the rooms are ready, surely they may as well be in use. Otherwise they just sit there til 3pm empty.
I'd only stay again at a better price. A lot better.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room higher up to cut out some noise. Don't worry about a room with a window, all it is is a courtyard the housekeeping staff use and some scaffolding in view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Alicia F
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed your stay was not satisfactory. We have a no-frills concept in place and that is the base line for our existence and detailed information of our concept and Add-ons is given on our website.

The girl in question who does not speak English that you presumed to be working with us does not work for the Tune Hotel Reception, she is a Polish Hospitality Management Student who is here for a short period to observe how we operate for her project work in the university which we are proud to support her on.

I see your direct comparison of Tune Hotel against Travelodge. We are two separate hotels who do not provide the same services and Tune Hotel concept and policies are completely transparent on our website which is made clear to all guest.

Thanks you and glad you are aware of our concept now, which I can understand is not the taste for everyone.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel three times for short city breaks. It's a great choice if you just need a base and don't intend to spend a lot of time in the room. I find London to be the most expensive city I have ever visited for hotels, and the Tune chain of hotels seem to be the best option. The rooms are ensuite, and have a good powerful shower. The bedrooms are small yet clean and modern. The beds are also on the small side but are supremely comfortable.

You have to pay for all the extras which is fine if you get a good room rate. I do however feel that wifi is too expensive. I would get it every time if it was half the price. Also check out at 10am and check in at 3pm seems unfair. I feel that threatening to charge "an extra night if you don't check out at 10" isn't very nice. It really makes you feel cheap.

However, in spite of the above I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget as it is reliable.

Room Tip: Do not choose a windowless room if you are there for more than one or two days. I stayed for four nights last year saving 50 pounds but it wasn't worth it. The room was very claustraphobic and we found it difficult to sleep. There is no fresh air in the room and the aircon is loud, the air feels very stale and dry, not comfortable at all. In my opinion it is worth the extra money for a room with windows.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the review you have left us following your recent departure.

I am happy your stay with us has been quite pleasant. I also appreciate the room was clean and comfortable during your short stay.

In regards to the Wi-Fi, if you book the comfy pack add-ons at £10.00 which includes Wi-Fi while booking your room on our website you will have been able to wave off paying £12.00 for Wi-Fi for 4 nights and if 10.00 am is too early for check out, all you need do is ask for late check-out at front desk which means checking out at 1:00pm the latest which comes with a charge of £15.00.

However if you want to stay beyond 1:00pm that’s when you would need to purchase the room for an extra night.

Thank you and hope to have you with us in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is the second time we have used the Tune hotel in Kings Cross and we find it provides a simple and pleasant service for people looking for value for money accommodation in London.
The rooms were clean,comfortable, bright, modern,and reasonably spacious ( Some are quite a bit bigger than others so worth checking). It provides all you need for a few days stay in the capital, and the staff were consistently helpful, friendly and efficient
It is easy walking distance from Kings Cross Station and close to several cafe/restaurants offering a good range of foods from fast food to decent restaurant offerings.
We used trip advisor to find some excellent places to eat for breakfast .
There is no lounge or bar area as such, but there are some easy chairs in reception where you can buy coffee etc (There is a costa coffee bar over the road)
In summary it offers value for money and we would certainly use it again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a review following your recent stay.

I am delighted your stay was perfect for your travel plan and our concept catered to your needs. I can see location was convenient and our rooms offered you maximum comfort for your short stay.

I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Arrived at hotel at 1.00am looking to check in only to find that I didn't have a reservation despite my assistant reserving a room for me. The staff were very accommodating as they rang round their other 3 hotels in London to see if I had been booked in there. I hadn't, but luckily there were two rooms still available at the Kings Cross hotel. Booked in and went to my room. It was basic, clean and modern looking with a comfy bed. I only needed somewhere to rest my head as it was the early hours of the morning so it was just water I needed. Had I arrived earlier and wanted to watch tv or browse the web I would have had to pay which I thought was a bit cheeky/steep given it is offered nearly everywhere else for free. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the review you have written us.

I am glad your stay was smooth and overall pleasant, and staff were of much help under the circumstance you met upon check-in.

However we operate a no frills concept and the limited service concept we employ is explained in detail on our website which would also tell you why we charge on Add-Ons separate from room prices.

I hope to welcome you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was looking for a cheap place to stay for 1 night before catching a train out of Kings Cross and came across Tune Hotel. Seeing as the location was just about perfect, I figured I'd roll the dice and try to book the cheapest room I could get. Their pricing structure is set on a fixed base price and then add-ons for additional features like wifi, extra towels, etc. which are also available in packages. Their website clearly lays out all the options so I won't go into detail but I found the overall rates very reasonable and ended up booking an interior (window-less) room. I was a little fearful that it would be overly claustrophobic but since I was traveling alone and staying only 1 night I figured it couldn't be too bad. Much to my surprise, the room was great. The renovations they've done make the space very bright and modern. The room is small but thoughtfully laid out. I don't know if I'd want to spend an entire vacation without sunlight but, for a place to lay my head for a night, it was great. Staff was friendly at check-in/out and there's a little lounge area downstairs that always seemed to have people hanging around. There's also a restaurant/pub next door that has pretty good food. (Trip was May 2013)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking out time to write us a review following your recent stay.

I am glad you had a smooth and pleasant stay with us and the hotel served your immediate requirements with location for easy access to the Eurostar and restaurants around. I note our concept was much to your advantage and you took time out to read it.

Most importantly to my concern, you were comfortable and pleased with your stay.

I hope to receive you sometime in the near future.