“another great stay”

Ranked #339 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“another great stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

2nd time here and again no complaints reception staff really nice, arrived early so left luggage at hotel only £2.50, booked room without windows so was very quiet and cheaper, the ac kept the room cool ,room spotless bed comfortable, hotel was fully booked so people were getting turned away .already booked again for later this year

Room Tip: windowless rooms are quiet and cheaper
Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review us following your second stay.

I am pleased we managed in making your stay comfortable with the functionality of our facilities.

I do look forward to having you with us for the future booking you already have in place.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Nice and modern, but very cheap rooms near Kings Cross St. Pancras. The rooms are all air conditioned. You can get TV and other services for a small additional fee.
Some rooms are a bit noisy because of traffic, but it didn't disturb too much.
There are many sights and decent pubs nearby. We'll definetly consider it for our next stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Tune Hotel Kings Cross following your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to know you had and great experience during your time with us and will definitely be considering staying with us on your next visit to the the area.

I do look forward to having you with us in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Hotel room was spotless clean but very small, i wouldn't stay any longer than 2 - 3 nights as it would drive you mad. The bathroom was large with an excellent shower. The reason i've described it as the ryanair of hotels is that if you want anything extra at all you'll have to pay extra for it e.g. TV, Towel and shower gel, safe, hair drier, window, wifi, early check in, bag storage etc etc. It's a 5 minute walk from Kings Cross station and tube and the area is great for eating and bars. I gave it 4 out of 5 because it did everything i needed from it, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a window
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad that you have found our hotel very convenient both room and location wise. There are indeed many places to eat around and bars also, it is quite a lively area.

I can also see that you have made great use and embraced our service concept, this is very important as it shows our concept is liked and accepted.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the capital.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A lot of pluses with this hotel. It was spotlessly clean and the staff were all polite and helpful. The room was small but for one night it was fine and the bathroom was a good size with a hot shower. The bed was again small for a double but it was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.
Now for the negatives. Having to go out to eat. When I got there I'd travelled up from Cornwall, had a meeting at head office and was really tired and then had to hunt down somewhere to eat, I ended up getting a burger from a kiosk outside Kings Cross and buying some bottled water from the store next to the hotel. Breakfast wasn't so bad as I'd had a great night's sleep and Costa Coffee is right across the road. Having no tea and coffee in the rooms. I didn't think I'd miss this as much as I did. When I arrived I bought a hot chocolate at reception which was pretty horrid to be honest, so bought bottled water from the shop next door, but I would have liked a cup of tea or coffee while watching Brazil being demolished by Germany on the TV.
The next is my biggest gripe. Having to pay extra to get a window, towels, TV access, toiletries (not sure if this includes toilet roll). Now I had all these 'luxuries' because my company paid for the add on package to get these things but the fact they had to do that just doesn't seem right. I know Tune have some kind of ethos which they explain in a leaflet they give you with the room key but surely these things are just the basics of what you should get (along with tea and coffee - yeah I really missed that). So all in all while it was a good stay on the whole and I wouldn't mind if my company booked me in here again, as they would be paying for the extras, if I had to pay myself I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pay extra for a window, towel etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comment following your recent stay.

We are very glad you have found our hotel ideal and suitable to your needs. It’s very supportive to read such kind comments in regards to our location and most especially towards the cleanliness of our rooms.

I can see that you were not aware of our Tune Hotel service concept before arriving here nor our pay-as-use extras system. This has been put in place so that it cuts on costs for guests who do not need the use or certain amenities, hence lowering their room price. However, the comfort package is great for guests such as yourself who will make use of these during your stay.

I do look forward to your next stay at our Kings Cross branch.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I booked through my employer, the hotel is certainly no frills, if you are happy with that concept, then maybe for you. The hotel is located excellently within 5 minutes of kings cross, 20 minutes walk to Islington high street. The staff are friendly, the hotel room was clean, the room was tiny and a little depressing. The swirly green wallpaper does little to liven the room. I stopped in a basement room and will not again. I understand there are larger rooms. My bed I found uncomfortable, I think I may have got 8 hours sleep across my 2 night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and appreciate you taking the time to review.

It is very nice seeing our guests enjoying our lovely location and room designs.

I am a bit concerned in terms of bed comfort, since we use the same mattresses you would find in most 5* hotels (Hypnos). These are renowned worldwide for being one of the best. We do hope that this has not deterred you from visiting us again.

Thank you and hope to welcome you back soon.
Manchester
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booked this hotel as a friend recommended it to us. We were only staying for 5 days (4 nights) and it was perfect! The room was spotless, the shower was powerful and the bed was so comfy! The pillows on the bed were sublime! Great location for tube, shops and restaurants. Would definitely go again!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay.

I am pleased to know you stayed with us through a friends recommendation, and most importantly not a little bit disappointed with your stay.

It a great pleasure for us to know we have given you a great experience with the facilities we provide as a limited service hotel concept and do look forward to having you with us on your next visit to London.
England
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Easy enough to find from St Pancras, pity about the rubbish on the pavements by it...
Fast check in, tiny room and bathroom. There was a quite a lot of a previous guests hair on the bathroom floor and in the shower so I requested a room change which was done straight away.
Got a slightly larger room so was able to open my case ok on the floor now.. The quality of the bed and linens was way below what I expected from the sales pitch... rather hard bed, definitely needed a padded mattress cover and thin linens... not as convenient to get to Euston as I had thought re bus routes and the road outside is oneway... for what I paid I could have got a more comfortable deal elsewhere...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments which is always welcomed as they allow us to work on the areas that need improvement.

Please rest assured we shall look into the issues mentioned and make sure they won’t reoccur. Bed-wise, we use the same mattresses you would find in most 5* hotels (Hypnos mattresses).

We hope that this has not deterred you from visiting us again and we shall welcome you back soon.