“Good quality/price ratio”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #361 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just next to St Pancras sation, the hotel is definitely well located especially if you arrive with the Eurostar. The rooms are clean and well isolated and the personal is welcoming and helpful. Perfect for a short business trip in London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I will like to thank you for leaving a positive feedback on trip advisor following your recent. As you mentioned, our mission is to provide clean and comfortable rooms at terrific value, so it’s great to hear that we achieved our goal.

I am glad our staff was welcoming and helpful to you during the time you spent with us.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for one night prior to our Eurostar journey. Made our decision based on price & location, and both were spot-on. Plenty of local eateries (including Nando's), and it was easy to wander around London via the Kings Cross underground station-accessible tube lines.

Room was small and clean, as we expected. If you are simply looking for utilitarian accommodations, this place is perfect! If you are looking for a room in which to spend a lot of time, look elsewhere.

We were able to get from Heathrow to the hotel via simply taking the Piccadilly line on the tube......an added plus!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay.

We appreciate your kind comments towards our hotel’s convenient location and also the numerous food places nearby.

I can also read that you have fully embraced our concept and enjoyed your stay here.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

2nd time here and again no complaints reception staff really nice, arrived early so left luggage at hotel only £2.50, booked room without windows so was very quiet and cheaper, the ac kept the room cool ,room spotless bed comfortable, hotel was fully booked so people were getting turned away .already booked again for later this year

Room Tip: windowless rooms are quiet and cheaper
Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review us following your second stay.

I am pleased we managed in making your stay comfortable with the functionality of our facilities.

I do look forward to having you with us for the future booking you already have in place.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Nice and modern, but very cheap rooms near Kings Cross St. Pancras. The rooms are all air conditioned. You can get TV and other services for a small additional fee.
Some rooms are a bit noisy because of traffic, but it didn't disturb too much.
There are many sights and decent pubs nearby. We'll definetly consider it for our next stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Tune Hotel Kings Cross following your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to know you had and great experience during your time with us and will definitely be considering staying with us on your next visit to the the area.

I do look forward to having you with us in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Hotel room was spotless clean but very small, i wouldn't stay any longer than 2 - 3 nights as it would drive you mad. The bathroom was large with an excellent shower. The reason i've described it as the ryanair of hotels is that if you want anything extra at all you'll have to pay extra for it e.g. TV, Towel and shower gel, safe, hair drier, window, wifi, early check in, bag storage etc etc. It's a 5 minute walk from Kings Cross station and tube and the area is great for eating and bars. I gave it 4 out of 5 because it did everything i needed from it, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a window
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad that you have found our hotel very convenient both room and location wise. There are indeed many places to eat around and bars also, it is quite a lively area.

I can also see that you have made great use and embraced our service concept, this is very important as it shows our concept is liked and accepted.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the capital.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A lot of pluses with this hotel. It was spotlessly clean and the staff were all polite and helpful. The room was small but for one night it was fine and the bathroom was a good size with a hot shower. The bed was again small for a double but it was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.
Now for the negatives. Having to go out to eat. When I got there I'd travelled up from Cornwall, had a meeting at head office and was really tired and then had to hunt down somewhere to eat, I ended up getting a burger from a kiosk outside Kings Cross and buying some bottled water from the store next to the hotel. Breakfast wasn't so bad as I'd had a great night's sleep and Costa Coffee is right across the road. Having no tea and coffee in the rooms. I didn't think I'd miss this as much as I did. When I arrived I bought a hot chocolate at reception which was pretty horrid to be honest, so bought bottled water from the shop next door, but I would have liked a cup of tea or coffee while watching Brazil being demolished by Germany on the TV.
The next is my biggest gripe. Having to pay extra to get a window, towels, TV access, toiletries (not sure if this includes toilet roll). Now I had all these 'luxuries' because my company paid for the add on package to get these things but the fact they had to do that just doesn't seem right. I know Tune have some kind of ethos which they explain in a leaflet they give you with the room key but surely these things are just the basics of what you should get (along with tea and coffee - yeah I really missed that). So all in all while it was a good stay on the whole and I wouldn't mind if my company booked me in here again, as they would be paying for the extras, if I had to pay myself I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pay extra for a window, towel etc.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comment following your recent stay.

We are very glad you have found our hotel ideal and suitable to your needs. It’s very supportive to read such kind comments in regards to our location and most especially towards the cleanliness of our rooms.

I can see that you were not aware of our Tune Hotel service concept before arriving here nor our pay-as-use extras system. This has been put in place so that it cuts on costs for guests who do not need the use or certain amenities, hence lowering their room price. However, the comfort package is great for guests such as yourself who will make use of these during your stay.

I do look forward to your next stay at our Kings Cross branch.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I booked through my employer, the hotel is certainly no frills, if you are happy with that concept, then maybe for you. The hotel is located excellently within 5 minutes of kings cross, 20 minutes walk to Islington high street. The staff are friendly, the hotel room was clean, the room was tiny and a little depressing. The swirly green wallpaper does little to liven the room. I stopped in a basement room and will not again. I understand there are larger rooms. My bed I found uncomfortable, I think I may have got 8 hours sleep across my 2 night stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank robertwN5820RQ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and appreciate you taking the time to review.

It is very nice seeing our guests enjoying our lovely location and room designs.

I am a bit concerned in terms of bed comfort, since we use the same mattresses you would find in most 5* hotels (Hypnos). These are renowned worldwide for being one of the best. We do hope that this has not deterred you from visiting us again.

Thank you and hope to welcome you back soon.