“Love that you know what you will be getting before you go”

Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Ranked #365 of 1,069 Hotels in London
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“Love that you know what you will be getting before you go”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here in the week for the first time. This was the first time I had travelled by myself, and I wanted to stay somewhere where I knew what I would be getting. I was even more pleasantly surprised than I was expecting. I booked a room without windows, and it was fine, the room was still really light! Yes it was smallish, but as a student who has stayed in halls and knowing most London hotels I wasn't at all disappointed (especially as the hotel doesn't try to cover up the size in photos as the website tells you the exact measurements of the rooms!). Everything was spotlessly clean. I didn't pay for add ons as only there for one night, but there was a hand towel in my room anyway. I like that there was a convenience store next door, and staff were efficient. Will stay at tune hotels again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rebecca D
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review us.

I am glad your stay was pleasant and our windowless rooms afforded you the comfort you needed while with us.

I look forward to receiving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nice modern and clean hotel. Rooms quite compact but very modern & well equipped. Totally spotlessly clean also. Great location about 5 mins walk from kings cross . Overall would totally recommend this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ricky C
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

It is very nice seeing our guests enjoying our lovely location and room designs. I am glad that you found our room cleanliness up to your standards and recommending us to others.

We hope to have you with us on your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed one night with my boyfriend, the rooms are very small but clean and comfortable. Very close to Kings Cross st Pancras so convenient to get around. shops in the area close very late or are 24hrs.

Overall, a lovelt clean and comfortable stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay.

I am pleased you found our room suitable and clean, also good to know you found our location to your liking.

We hope to accommodate you again in the near future.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've stayed at the Tune Hotel numerous times in the last year for work and have been in a variety of rooms. They seem to vary in size from what I've experienced but they're always comfortable and clean with a decent bed and good bathroom. As I travel for work I always have the add-ons which include towels, TV and Wi-Fi and while I understand why the hotel charges for these things I do think things like towels, TVs and hairdryers should be free of charge. If you do pay for the Wi-Fi it's pretty decent throughout the hotel, though you have to connect each time.
The windowless rooms are a little claustrophobic but if that doesn't bother you they are cheaper and you won't be bothered by traffic but be warned the AC unit is really loud!
Kings Cross is a pretty decent area with good travel links and lots of places to eat nearby. I'd say the Tune is basic and probably not a hotel to spend a lot of time in the room, but it's London, most people staying there probably won't be spending tonnes of time in their rooms anyway.

Room Tip: Save money with the windowless room option if you're not claustrophobic.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know you found us to be value-for-money whilst still in a fantastic location for business and leisure. Great to know you understand our add-on concept which you have made use of.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the capital.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Modern and clean hotel very convenient to Kings Cross St. Pancras for a great price. The rooms were small but we were able to move around fairly easily. It's definitely a no frills hotel but that was fine for our purposes since we didn't spend a lot of time in our room and the proximity to Kings Cross was perfect for exploring the city. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. Overall I'd definitely recommend Tune if you're trying to do London on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you found us to be good value-for-money Thank you for complementing our staff, as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on.

I am very proud of the fact that my team made you feel welcomed from the beginning and have assisted you.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you again for your next stay.
Paris, France
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just next to St Pancras sation, the hotel is definitely well located especially if you arrive with the Eurostar. The rooms are clean and well isolated and the personal is welcoming and helpful. Perfect for a short business trip in London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I will like to thank you for leaving a positive feedback on trip advisor following your recent. As you mentioned, our mission is to provide clean and comfortable rooms at terrific value, so it’s great to hear that we achieved our goal.

I am glad our staff was welcoming and helpful to you during the time you spent with us.

We hope to see you soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for one night prior to our Eurostar journey. Made our decision based on price & location, and both were spot-on. Plenty of local eateries (including Nando's), and it was easy to wander around London via the Kings Cross underground station-accessible tube lines.

Room was small and clean, as we expected. If you are simply looking for utilitarian accommodations, this place is perfect! If you are looking for a room in which to spend a lot of time, look elsewhere.

We were able to get from Heathrow to the hotel via simply taking the Piccadilly line on the tube......an added plus!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent stay.

We appreciate your kind comments towards our hotel’s convenient location and also the numerous food places nearby.

I can also read that you have fully embraced our concept and enjoyed your stay here.

We look forward to welcome you back.