Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$229
Rosewood London(London)
US$588
US$491
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$193
US$171
galahotels.com
4,708 results
All reviewstune hotelwindowless roomwithout windowsno windowbudget hotelst pancrasshort stayrooms are smallluggage storageearly checkplace to sleepair contrain stationwi ficlean hotelcomfortable bedconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I booked this hotel thru hotel.com, as this was highly recommended, based on the reviews in Trip Advisor.
Shortly after the booking was confirmed (say, less than half an hour?), I realized I had made the reservation for the wrong check-in date!
And, my nightmare begins!
Contacted hotels.com & was advised they will amend the dates on my behalf, only if the hotel allows the amendment.
However, I was informed the hotel does not allow any amendment nor refund due to the clause “non-refundable”.
Was requested by hotels.com to contact the hotel directly.

Contacted the front-desk and also spoken to the manager of Tune hotel, but still, “no” was the reply I got.

I was surprised I wasn’t allowed any amendment when the clause stated “non-refundable”.
I was neither asking for a refund nor a cancellation. I was merely asking for a change of dates (2 days later from my reservation)!
My requested dates were of a lower rate, and I was willing to forgo the price difference & even offered to pay a penalty since it was a mistake of mine.
But no, there was absolutely NO ROOM for negotiation, NOTHING can be done for me!

My husband & I had been looking forward to our stay in Tune hotel, after reading all the good reviews on them, but sad to say, we had to forgo this opportunity due to the rigid restrictions.
This is our first (and our last) reservation with Tune. I guess I have to make-do with other hotels, and I doubt I will consider Tune anymore.
This has certainly dampen my spirits.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank assilemnat
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to read this review given the fact that you have not even used our services as you booked through a travel agent which is fine as we have them in place for bookers to use as an alternative booking channel with their own policies which is not controlled by us.

I would have appreciate you directed your review to the Travel agent used and not to the hotel as we did not have any direct involvement with you through the booking process, until you had a problem with your bookings.

I am sure you are aware bookings can be done through our own booking site but still decided to use a travel agent as mentioned is absolutely right. I believed you also agreed to their terms and conditions before completing your bookings.

Below is the Tune Hotel changes and cancellation policy if booking are made on our website which would have applied if you were to book on our site.

Payments made for bookings (including Add-Ons) are non-refundable.
Changes
Change of Guest name on your booking is allowed if made three (3) full days or more before check-in date subject to a Name Change Fee. (Please refer to the Fee Schedule)
No changes to stay dates, room category or duration of stay may be made but you are entitled to cancel the booking and make a new booking with the Hotel, subject to availability and to the terms of cancellation below.
Cancellations
Booking cancellations MUST be made at least three (3) full days before the scheduled check-in date.
A cancellation fee equal to the value of the booking applies for each Booking Confirmation cancelled at least three (3) days before the scheduled check in date, which comprises:
• (a) £10.00 payable immediately on that cancellation; and
• (b) the balance of that cancellation fee will be credited into your Tune Hotels’ registered account and held in a credit shell ("Credit Shell") for future bookings.
The amount of that Credit Shell is valid for 182 days from the cancellation date and will be applied either:
• in payment of the balance of the cancellation fee 183 days after that original room booking cancellation; or
• in part payment of the total cancellation fee payable if another room booking is made within 182 days of that cancellation.
Use of Credit Shell
Your Credit Shell amount:
• will be created in the currency which your booking transaction was made and must be used in that same currency for payment of future bookings with Tune Hotels
• is currency specific and is not valid for bookings for Hotels priced or charged in other currencies
• must be used within 182 days from the date of cancellation, or the whole credit shell amount will be forfeited without further notification 183 days after that original booking cancellation.
• is not transferable to other persons or accounts
• is not exchangeable for cash
• cannot be used for payment of non-room related transactions
Any cancellation made less than three (3) full days from the scheduled check-in date (irrespective of the number of stay dates booked) or any no-show in respect of a booking will result in the total payment under that Booking Confirmation being forfeited irrespective of the number of stay dates remaining.
Change of Guest name and cancellation of booking can only be made online at https://bookings.tunehotels.com/AccClient/MyInformation.asp

I hope the above has made things clearer to you and other readers.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for two different nights in different rooms. One night a double which was perfect and clean with extras which are well worth getting (especially the wifi which is great)
On my way back I was in a twin and it was very good , nice and spacious....also the fan in the room was fantastic as it was very hot in London so big thumbs up to Tunes!!!!!

Room Tip: Book early that may help
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank scrumpman B
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is great to know your stay was satisfactory with our rooms being clean and perfect to your standard.

Thank you for sharing your compliment regarding our staff being friendly to you.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel before as it's great if you are arriving into Kings Cross.
The location is fab, rooms are clean so nothing to really complain about.
My only grumble is the first time I stayed here I didn't choose a room with a window, so on my second visit I paid extra for a window but the room I was given was still in the basement, although the room did have a window it was pointless, there was no natural light, the window didn't open and faced on to a brick wall/the room service cupboard area.
I would have expected a room on a higher floor after paying extra for a window.
All in all this hotel is great value and I would probably still stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank scottishGlasgow

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent visit.

I am glad that you choose us again and found our room clean and well equipped.

We do have all room types on different floor levels of the Hotel, hence some rooms with windows on the lower ground.

We do hope to have you with us again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Good value for what it is, an upmarket hostel. London is so expensive for hotel beds that it's good to have a reliable option and Tune is always clean, central and predictable. I've used this chain on several occasions and it's fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted your stay went well and found our hotel always clean and good value.

It is great to know you had the chance to discover our central location.

We look forward to receiving you on your next visit to the Capital.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Love the hotel for the 1 night as my first time. Happy to stay again as it was clean and fresh and the staff were polite. Easy to get to from Kings cross.

Only down side was the noise but I can't blame the hotel for that

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Zack C
Victor V, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Kings Cross St Pancras, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased your stay went well and the staff looked after you during your time with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you will be staying with us in the near future with our central location and proximity to the Kings Cross.

I hope to welcome you soon on your next visit to the capital.