“Southwark premier inn”

Premier Inn London Southwark (Tate Modern) Hotel
Ranked #182 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent accommodation, really friendly and helpful staff.
We dined first night in dining room and had a great meal - steak cooked perfectly. Also very close to lots of other restaurants - on second night we dined at Zizzi looking out at St Pauls and watched the night sky light up. very close to Tate Modern, embankment, London eye and millennium bridge so really good location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I wasn't a over night guest in the hotel, but I did spend a bit of time there last Saturday evening. While I was I was assisted by a wonderful young lady on the front desk, I think her name was Yasmin, the service she provided not only to myself but other guests and clients and well was absolutely amazing, coming from a front office back ground, this young lady was a superstar. Next time I am in the area I will defiantly be booking a room a here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A group of ten ladies stayed here for one Saturday night, but arrived in London about two hours before check in time. There was no problem getting the tube (one stop from Waterloo to Southwark) and only a five minute walk from the station, and the very helpful reception staff let us leave our bags securely and come back later after our visit to a matinee performance of Jersey Boys. We had five twin rooms which were perfectly comfortable (as all Premier Inns seem to be), and the location of the hotel was just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the centre, and near enough to the tube to be accessible. We arrived back at the hotel after a meal out, just after the bar had closed, but again the incredibly friendly reception staff offered us to sit in the bar for our own nightcap. The breakfast the next morning was delicious (again, the Premier service!), and the receptionist was able to get us taxis to take us to Tower Bridge. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My second visit to this premier inn in Southwark and it hasn't lost its appeal. Well situation for access to tube station and theatres on the South Bank the welcome was exceedingly friendly. They had even allocated me a children free floor - what a nice touch.

Reception staff were exceedingly helpful and took a personal interest in looking after you. Room was quite spotlessly clean and everything you would expect from this hotel chain.

Ate in the restaurant service was excellent and food was splendid.

There is a telco Metro and a Sainsbury's minutes away which is useful.

I would highly recommend this Premier Inn and look forward to returning in the near future.

Room Tip: ask for an adult floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the second time with my husband and granddaughter. Situated far enough away from the hustle and bustle but near enough for all you want to do on a trip to London. Staff very friendly and helpful,very good prices also. We had a family room and was very spacious especially when you have a three year old with plenty of toys that were purchased for to play with. Near to southwark tube station, sainsburys and tesco on either side of the hotel wee pub opposite.
Definetly this is my place to stay when in London. Lovely choice of breakfast to pick from just to set you up for the day, maybe could do with more choices for dinner but on a whole was not bad

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Wozani T, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Southwark (Tate Modern) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is great to read that you enjoyed the peacefulness of our central location and the friendliness of our team. 'It is also goo to hear that you took advantage of our all you can eat and kids eat free breakfast offer', it is very very popular with most of our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here Fri to Sunday. We did have 6 in our party, but unfortunately my husbands mother had 2 heart attacks prior to our departure. On arrival the staff were helpful and informative. We explained we now were a party of four not six. No room was non refundable. But we know that. We kept it and split our party. We were really surprised and grateful they refunded the breakfast cost. The rooms were immaculate. I can't fault anything. We booked meal deals, pub grub. Service brilliant. Staff happy. Breakfast was lovely. Lots of choice. Location was brilliant. Right near bankside pier. Overall we were happy with our stay and premier inn should be commended for their staff training and customer care. We will return and also recommend. BRILLIANT!!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review. We are delighted that we managed to deliver a perfect stay for your party. Our teams are delighted that they made such a positive impact on your stay. It certainly serves as a great motivator to continue doing so.
I hope your mother-in-law is better, and also hope to see you again soon. If you require anything on your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards Wozani (opsmgr.londonsouthwarktatemodern@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Have stayed in this hotel a few times and the customer service is just excellent!
All the reception staff I have come across are always smiling and really helpful-10/10!
Breakfast is lovely and affordable-it's a buffet too, fantastic! There is one breakfast woman waitress who could do with smiling but apart from that no complaints! The rooms are clean and just what you need for a short stay.
Highly recommended and good value for money!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us a glowing review. It is great to hear that you had yet another enjoyable stay and that your breakfast experience was equally great. Our team were delighted to see that their service warranted a 10/10. It surely serves as a great motivator.
Thank you for your feedback about the breakfast team member. I can assure you that after your comments, I will have the necessary conversations with the team to ensure every one of them are on the same page.
Hope to see you again soon.