“Bay Tree Hotel? Did not even stay more than two hours...”
Review of Baytree Hotel

and 1 more site!
Baytree Hotel
Ranked #1,006 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Malta
“Bay Tree Hotel? Did not even stay more than two hours...”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Here is my review for this property:

Photos shown give the impression that the lobby and rooms are much larger than they are.
After having to carry my luggage up a steep flight of stairs I was shown a small room where a bed was shoved against a wall leaving a small passage on one side to pass to the bathroom. I could literally touch both walls when I opened my arms. The toilet was placed between the shower cubicle and a wall and one could barely fit into this space. I was travelling on business with a colleague of mine and he was given the same size room. We immediately went to the reception and complained about the rooms and where advised that we had booked single rooms and this is why the rooms were small.

Tea and coffee making facilities as advertised on the hotel website are not available in the rooms.

There is no wardrobe nor drawers to put any of your clothing in. The rooms are simply too small!

Since we were staying for tree nights we decided that we could not stay in such a tiny place for this duration of time.

In order to look for a new hotel we tried to use the wifi however neither of our two laptops or ipad could connect. We then ended up using the computer in the hotel lobby to book another hotel shortly after arriving.

On departure we had to pay one night for each room although we had not stayed more than 5 minutes in either of the rooms.

How this hotel was given three stars is beyond me!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MaltaMichael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here for just the one night. the bed, towels and room were spotless but one gets the impression six months down the line from the olympics it wont be !
lots of stairs and no lift. no complimentary tea tray in room (needed after traveling all day)
Breakfast was appalling i asked for fried egg and beans on toast and got beans only, I sent it back and got scrambled egg at this point i decided to eat it and move on, My partner asked for sausage and got hotdog sausage there was no bacon on the menu which led me to assume it was a halal breakfast even though this was not advertised. In the bar we were asked if we required an ashtray!! other than that the staff were friendly but the hotel is definateley budget. I wouldn't return or recommend it.

Room Tip: dont forget your hairdryer ladies!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzymoDo

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

not quite as good as advertised! No hairdryer or tea/coffee facilities in the room as described. We were in a pokey little room which was ok for two for one night, but not any longer. Rooms were nicely decorated and finished to a fairly high standard, and beds were comfortable. The bathroom was adequate for a short stay although there was a strong unpleasant smell of drains emanating from the bathroom... Perhaps a quick job had been done in order to satisfy Olympic demands. Breakfast was fairly standard for the price paid. We were in a room at the end of the corridor and could not hear much noise but i suspect if we had been closer to the middle it may have been different! Would look elsewhere before deciding to stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here on 16 October as I had a meeting the following day. I only paid £45 for the room, including breakfast and I did get reasonable value for money. This is a refurbished pub but the rooms, although small, are warm and clean. The decor is mostly good but there are some bits that still need work. The staff are friendly and efficient. The hotel is a good 10-15 minute walk from the main shopping/restaurant areas. It doesn't do evening meals so you are faced with the choice of walking or getting a taxi to the nearest restaurant or taking advantage of the nearby takeaways. There are a number of small shops very close by as well. For the business traveller, the rooms miss some of the comforts, ie, there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and you have to ask if you want a hairdryer. I couldn't rate it as good at the moment but I would recommend for a cheap, basic overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Well the staff at the hotel were amazing and very delightfully friendly. Took care of our every needs. Hotel is recently renovated so every thing is new. Beds are very comfortable and I had a good night sleep. The pub is an advantage. Over all best place to stay for a vacation. It felt very secure.
Thank you guys for giving us a good time

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole M
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Ok so this is marketed on their website as luxury,and dazzling.....but no no no. It is an old pub which is partly refurbished, not yet finished but I guess will be for the Games (nice materials, shocking workmanship). Its a budget B and B. Staff are friendly and chatty, and I did mention my concerns to them...
The room (single) was small, adequate, cleanish, and nicely decorated - but not finished...Everything just sort of painted over and looking like it is about to dismantle. No it is not soundproof, you hear everything, stairs, doors, people walking...Wet area bathroom, with bad drainage means wet floor, and shower runs straight onto your toilet roll...No mattress protectors (alright while its new but...really). It was not really as advertised. I paid around 56 pounds per night....so it was not bad, it just was not good.....
I would have preferred my room cleaned, I even had to clean the windows to see out of them.
I had eggs for breakfast and they were really good,....so I hope they sort things out and realise their market...otherwise they are going to have a lot of unhappy complainers like me

Room Tip: I am sure they are similar.....
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo