“its ok- but it didnt feel like a pamper”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Moroccan Beauty

Moroccan Beauty
Ranked #65 of 321 Spas & Wellness in London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“its ok- but it didnt feel like a pamper”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Decided to try this place and as I wasn't sure what to expect I kind of hoped for the best. I had massages before and I did feel pampered and relaxed. I didn't feel very relaxed during my experience here...There is only one changing room and sometimes there are 4 girls trying to change and the room was very small. it was very uncomfortable.. I was glad I bought my own slippers!!! the place didn't feel like the cleanest!!!

the hamam itself was ok. again it just felt like here put this on..weight...take this water..and at times I felt a little uncomfortable. you pay for these things to feel pampered and relaxed.

then I was told that there are scrubbing mitts but they were used and if I wanted a new one I would have to pay..i mean this is not very hygienic and they know people will want to buy their own...felt a little coerced into buying my own....!!!! surly if You book for a scrub and pay for it all everything should be included!!!!

the scrubbing didn't last very long but it was nice to see your dry skin come out...

all in all...wasn't the most pampering experience..

Visited April 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An Experience - Moroccan Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Today my Sister and I had an excellent day. One of the nicest days I have had in a long time. No stress, or a feeling of being rushed, which was the whole point of a Hamman Massage. I read a previous review and it wasn't good. All I can say its the reviewer obviously didn't go on a good day. Highly recommended.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Would never return!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I managed to get a wowcher deal for 2 people costing just under £60. After reading some of the reviews, I was expecting something of an average standard. However, we were quite disappointed by our experience.
We arrived at the spa, but could not find a bell to ring in order to get inside. The windows were all blocked, so we could not get the attention of anyone inside. We finally realised the door knocker and having knocked it for a couple of minutes, someone finally came to open it. The lady was friendly but we felt very awkard as she appeared in a shower cap and sweaty vest and leggings.
We were led into a tiny cold waiting room, which resembled nothing of Morocco. The atmosphere in this room was very cold, uninviting and the decor, bland. Another lady who was friendly too, came in and took the wowcher voucher from us and led us into the changing room. She gave us some flips flops which were old and dirty. They even had the hairs of the previous person who used them on them. Surely this could have atleast been washed quickly before being given to us. They were absolutely disgusting!
The changing room was one of the tiniest rooms I have ever seen in my life. There was hardly enough room for 1 person, let alone 2! In addition, it was freezing, which really put us off wanting to get changed into our bikinis ! Once we finally managed to get changed, we were led into the steam room, which we had hoped would warm us up. Unfortunately this had been switched off and was only turned on about 5 minutes after we sat in it. We were freezing at this point! Eventually the lady came in and told us to put some black soap all over our bodies which we did. Finally then the steam room was switched on!! We were gradually warming up! We were given plastic cups of tap water to drink while we were in there. After a while in the steam room, the lady came back and explained that the KEESA glove which she was going to use to exfoliate our body, had previously been used on other people. See said we could either use that one or purchase our own for "a very cheap £5"!!! This is certainly not cheap and we had no prior knowledge that an old glove would be used on us. Having looked at the used ones, we saw dead skin on them, so decided to buy a new one, costing us £5!! We were then scrubbed by the lady, which was done relatively well, although I think it could have been done much more thoroughly. This is a spa and it is their job to do this well! We then showered and had a clay mask put on our bodies. Following this we had our final shower which was rushed, as the lady was standing watching us, holding our towels.The shampoo available was of a very poor quality as well. It did not feel like something which should be offered in a spa. We did not get any privacy and felt extremely rushed! We then returned to the tiny FREEZING changing room where we quickly got changed back into our clothes!
This was certainly not the SPA experience we were expecting. The atmosphere from the beginning was uninviting,the temperature was freezing, the lady made us rush, we were given cold tap water in plastic cups and it was unhygenic (dirty flip flops and used gloves with dead skin on). I had read that customers were offered mint tea on departure. However after having waited almost 10 minutes after we got changed, in the waiting room, I enquired about the mint tea. The lady explained they had run out of mint for the past 4 days! This was a ridiculous excuse! Surely this could have been substitued with some type of herbal tea?!
We left this spa very disappointed and felt colder than we did before we entered this "spa". We would never return, even if it were free!

5 Thank Dana1992
Phuket, Thailand
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Good Hammam Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Having read the negative views on here, my friend and I were very concerned before our Hammam on 13th February, but we need not have worried. We were met by a lovely Moroccan lady who showed us into the waiting room where we had the usual form to complete. We were then taken into the changing room & given a locker to put our clothes in. After this we were shown into the steam room and given a drink of water & black soap to cover our bodies with. We sat for quite awhile and were then informed to shower the soap off and then had the fantastic body scrub. We had another shower and were then coated with the rhassoul body mask. After approx. 15 minutes we showered the mask off and went to get dressed. Once dressed a very welcoming mint tea awaited us. All in all a good experience....

2 Thank hyperlocks
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The title of this review is my fiancées review of her birthday Moroccan Beauty experience in ONE word, and to be fair those are how she's described it to everyone she mentions the experience to.It's even great value and not overpriced for the experience compared to other spa's we've visited.The whole experience was like no other spa visited! The decor makes it feel very homely, very friendly staff as you'd expect from Moroccan.

Visited December 2013