“Fantastic girls pampering day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Moroccan Beauty
Ranked #67 of 312 Spas & Wellness in London
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic girls pampering day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I went with a group of 5 other girls as a part of my birthday celebrations and it was my first time visiting this place. I have to say it was AMAZING!! It is quite small and cozy but luckily it was just us so it wasn't an issue (the changing rooms accommodate 2-3 people at one time) We got an excellent deal online for a scrub and body mask and my skin felt so radiant and cleansed when i left. I also opted for an additional treatment of a massage and although i should have taken advantage of this time by maybe taking a quick nap, the massage lady was so lovely and friendly that we talked the whole way through! I would highly recommend that you not only hydrate yourself throughout the whole experience (the staff provide you with water throughout, so do not decline) but i would also suggest not going on an empty stomach either, so have a little snack before. There was a slight confusion with the payments at the end but it was resolved quickly, however if you have a voucher or a discount code let them know before to avoid any confusion at the end. Overall it was an amazing experience and it was a comfortable experience too as it is females only. I cannot wait to visit again!!

1 Thank Immy I

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic trip to Morocco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We can definetly call it "escape to Morocco"
I have to say that was a very good experience . The scrub was fantastic ,the tea just excellent my taste buds were satisfied. The staff,well it was only one person ,the lady was polite,very nice,she made feel great and welcoming from the first step to the Spa to the end;she explained to me everything in the lounge (cute loung well decorated)then took me the changing room ,got change ,then the famous hamam : i 've found it cold at the entrance but it got hot few minutes later,i couldnt ask for more,i was very pleased with the treatment , the lady that scrubbed me was amazing,polite ,caring .i was wondering to myself how could her eyes make up stayed that long in the steam as mine was litterally a mess after few second,its like morocco i guess they get used to it...Overall i found now a perfect spa that combine tradition and modernity.

Visited May 2014
Berlin, Germany
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I went there by myself, and felt it was an okay experience. The scrubbing didn't last very long and, if I remember correctly, it was done in less than 10 mins. I didn't feel as relaxed as I thought I would because I was merely given instructions every 10/15 minutes, so felt like I had to be prepared for the next instruction. Not sure I'll visit again.

Flagstaff, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A lovely morning at the Hammam.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just wanted to take a moment to recommend Moroccan Beauty after the wonderful morning I spent with them Saturday, April 26th and explain what to expect here if it is your first time! I booked a 10:30 AM Hammam Ritual with a Full Body Scrub and a Body Mask on special for April. I found them easily after taking the nearest tube station as they are quite recognizable by their beautiful door. Upon arrival I was taken to a waiting room that was bright and airy. Music played in the background and the decor was charming. (Check out the gorgeous chandelier!). Not even ten minutes later I was asked to step into a changing room where I was allowed to choose a locker and change into my bathing costume and provided flip flops and a towel. I was pleased to see the changing room provided a blow dryer if needed later. I was then shown the steam room which is again gorgeous! I want to tile my bathroom just like it. There is a place over one of the benches where you get scrubbed to hang your locker key and they will take your towel for you to keep it dry.The lighting is low, providing a relaxed atmosphere. I was told how to begin which is to rinse off first in the showers towards the back of the steam room. I opted to use cool water since it was pretty warm already and the steam was not on (I was the first customer of the day). Then I was told to use the black soap all over my skin and settle in to steam for 10-20 minutes. I was also showed where the steam comes out and warned to keep my distance as it can be quite hot and there was even a statue to prevent customers from sitting in front of it getting their legs burned. Once you soap up, you are asked to sit in the steam room and allow your pores to open and the soap to just absorb. Be careful not to make the mistake I did and use the soap near your eyes as there is so much moisture in the room when it steams it can run into your eyes and sting, (My face gets so dry I thought it may be helpful to use some on my face while steaming because it was so moisturizing). Also the individual pot is for you alone, so use it! I was modest in using the soap as I wasn't sure if others would be using it. When I think about it, that was a silly mistake since others probably wouldn't want to use it after me. I thought the soap smelled fantastic! I then sat to steam. I have never been to a hammam nor used a steam room before and let me just say it is very steamy! It felt almost uncomfortable to breathe since I wasn't used to it but then I was checked on and shown where to get some cool water to drink from the fountain and that helped a bunch. You will be just as thirsty as if you were in a dry desert so stay hydrated! I was also told I could rinse the soap and asked how much more I wanted to steam before I was scrubbed. I chose 10 min and while it doesn't seem like a lot, I felt it was all I was prepared to take since I wasn't used to it. When the scrub began I was asked to lie on my back and they used the Kessa glove on me. I turned over to do my other side and sat up when she did my arms. It felt amazing! You'd be amazed at the skin that comes off you and I exfoliated two days before with a scrub at home. I then rinsed the dead skin off me and the clay mask was applied. I stayed there on the bench while the mask absorbed into my skin for about ten minutes and was told I could wash up when I was ready. I used the hair products in the shower as well which smelt great. I then dried off as much as possible and went to change. You can stay in the steam room as long as you like. There is a hamper for your towel and plastic bags for your wet suit in the changing room (although I brought my own). I wasn't sure what to do with the flip flops but when I asked, I was told I could leave them in the changing room where they were. I was then offered a tea which was minty and sweet! I sat and relaxed a good twenty minutes in the waiting room before getting up to leave and pay. I opted to throw my wet hair in a bun so it would dry curly and go makeup free back to my hotel (I only brought my moisturizer and a comb with me anyways). There is only one changing room so you may not be able to take as much time in there as you wish if it is busy. I recommend making plans to stop at home or at your hotel to finish your beauty routine if you need to dry your hair and do your makeup. I was always checked on and asked how I was. Everyone was super nice and knowing it was my first time, everything was explained to me. They answered my emails promptly as well when I first contacted them for more info. I had a lovely time and the next time I am in London I will return to this hammam. I hope to use their other services as well and get a facial or a massage on my next booking! Thank you to the lovely ladies who made my first experience at a hammam so wonderful!

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A warm afternoon at the Hammam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I spent the afternoon at the Hammam with a friend and we had a brilliant experience.
It is not the most luxury Hammam / spa i have seen but the owner is Moroccan and extremely welcoming and discreet. We felt really at home and did not want to leave. I even ended up staying a bit longer for a facial. They use their own products that are made in Marocco - all natural.
I agree the changing room is really tiny but it did not really bother us as we knew each other.
Highly recommend it for an afternoon of pampering with your girlfriends or a hen party !