“Simply Put - TERRIBLE!!!”

The Real Chinese Metro Buffet
Ranked #17,161 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Ashbourne, Ireland
“Simply Put - TERRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I am a huge fan of Chinese fast food, but it is entirely safe to say that this was the WORST chinese buffet I have ever had the displeasure of eating at. I wish I had gone in to see the food before paying - cleverly they charge you before you can even enter the restaurant.

Half of the food that was advertised to be on the buffet wasn't there. The food that was there was of such a poor grade I wouldn't even feed it to my dog! The rice (cooked by a Chinese chef, who was seated outside talking to a friend in VERY grubby chef whites) was hard and under cooked, the pork ribs tasted like cardboard and all the vegetable dishes looked like they had been bought in the local supermarkets' reduced section the night before.

When I went to the Chinese man at reception to complain the only thing he could say to me was: sometimes I eat this food - which I didn't believe. There was no apology or offer of compensation. There was not ONE redeeming quality about this 'restaurant' - except that it had bottomless (generic) soda.

If you are wanting to go to a Chinese buffet you are better off spending your hard earned cash in China Town.

I HIGHLY recommend you and your family do not eat here!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TravelledAllOva

Shropshire
“Avoid”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is located right outside Hammersmith Tube station. We were greeted by a Caucasian and Black guy in the entrance. I didn’t have anything wrong with this, it just shocked me considering it was a Chinese restaurant. We were able to choose our seats and go straight to the buffet to get our food. I have to be honest my heart sank before I even saw the food as none of it looked fresh but seeing as I was so hungry and hadn’t eaten all day I had to go for it. The food was disappointing just as I predicted it would be. None of it was fresh and I just felt disgusted attempting to eat it. I only had one plate which is unusual for me at a buffet and the only thing they had for dessert was vanilla ice cream. The staff also took our plate away without even asking if I had finished which I felt was very rude – I won’t be visiting again!

• Visited June 2012