“not the best not the worst”

The Real Chinese Metro Buffet
Ranked #17,288 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not the best not the worst”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Was in there today with my girlfriend and have to say the food was decent and was a decent choice also,staff helpful and friendly.I do get amazed at what people expect for £6 each in a rich part of london like this,the chocolate cake was nice also.I would say it was a good place not very good but since i could not click just good very good it had to be as it was better than average,will pop in again so that says a lot.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank goonerdave1968

London, United Kingdom
“Great value and tasty food ;-)”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I'm very shocked at all the poor reviews,
I've been here a number of times with friends and family and we have all enjoyed it.
Its worth the money and very filling.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank cupcakekaty
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Family visit”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Hammersmith has no shortage of places to eat but having seen the price of this place we decided to give it a go . There was plenty of choice of different dishes and you could go up to the buffet as many times as you wanted . Yes the decor needs attention but other than that I would definitely eat here again .

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lucy C
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very poor choice of food. There were a few main meals which did not look or taste very appealing.
Only desert was vanilla ice cream.
We did not stay long.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Really bad”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I recently moved to the Hammersmith area and thought I might try out this place as the prices were reasonable and it's location makes it look a pretty respectable establishment not a back street place. Paid up front, and unfortunately, ate a lot as I was very hungry.

The reason you pay up front is abundantly clear. The food is absolutely awful and nobody would pay afterwards. Ever.

All the plates were chipped beyond belief which always rings alarm bells. But the food looked reasonable. Once I sat down, it became apparent that I've eaten hotter food from the fridge. Clearly been left out all night, not replaced frequently as other places do. The food was overly fatty and salty, with nothing really filling. I stopped eating as I just couldn't hack it any more, not because I was anywhere near full. The waitress was forthcoming with the fact I'd wasted a lot, I could only point out that I would not feed such things to my dog let alone be expected to finish it myself.

For those who say "you can't complain for the price" - well you can. I've spent half the night up in and out of the bathroom listening to my body complain. Never eaten anything which has made me so violently ill before. Avoid at all costs, if you are in the area, use the Italian place (Pinch) across the courtyard which is great. They could make China Express free, and it'd be a disappointment.

Vimto on tap was the only silver lining.

• Visited July 2013