“Best Turkish food I've had outside Turkey”
Review of Kazan Kitchen

Kazan Kitchen
Ranked #113 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$55
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
“Best Turkish food I've had outside Turkey”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My partner and I came across this place by accident as we were looking for tapas near Victoria. What a find!! It was a blistering day in London and it was nice to share a large, but nicely light, mezze platter for two and also a couple of cold Efes. We also ordered king prawns and tabbouleh to make a substantial and affordable meal. Great service, we originally ordered a dish that was already on the mezze platter and the waitress diligently let us know that it was included and suggested another different dish. We had a wonderful holiday in Turkey just under two years ago, and with the weather being 30+ degrees in London and this food and ambiance, it was a nice reminder of a great time had.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Quick dinner”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Good service and great food, atmosphere not as good as restaurant over the road but great for a quick dinner.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Ottoman food, efficient service, informal and casual, perfect for an easy-going lunch with friends”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Went here without a booking on an immpromptu lunch trip with family - we were in the area and the area around Victoria station has its fair share of tourist traps so we were delighted to come across this. It's not often on a Sunday lunchtime that you can turn up somewhere with no booking, get a seat and end up with great food without doing your research. There were quite a few people inside and the vibe was casual, relaxed but buzzing. The staff were friendly and efficient. We love Middle Eastern and Lebanese food so can be quite critical of it but I must say we were really pleasantly surprised at how good it was and a little disappointed for not discovering it earlier!!

A nice choice of drinks on the menu, including some delicious smoothies, we had date, banana and almond. They also had a refreshing Turkish lemonade with rose syrup. I ordered the coconut water with blended strawberries, which to be honest wasn't to my liking but I suspect it was just the brand of coconut water used that I wasn't so keen on.

The portion sizes are really generous and even though we were all starving on arrival, we only ordered a main each and were still stuffed! (not too stuffed to manage to share some desserts though!), I had aubergine with lamb mince, which came in a lovely tomato sauce,nicely cooked mince and came with a side portion of rice and a delicious yoghurt sauce that everyone was dipping into! Between us, other items ordered included chicken and lamb shish kebabs, which were extremely tender and came with chips. The falafel wrap was perfectly crispy and full of flavour!

We really shouldn't have ordered any dessert but were too tempted and ended up sharing 1 small plate of 4 baklavas, which I loved but some of my family found them a tad too sweet as they were quite generous on the honey served on the plate but the one not to miss was the Turkish apple and apricot crumble, a bit different to a traditional English apple crumble. It tasted more like a pastry and came with a side of vanilla ice cream and was heavenly! They also have some interesting teas and coffees including Turkish coffees and I opted for a cinnamon tea.

Opposite the restaurant is the Kazan restaurant, which looks a bit more formal and pricey. I hadn't been sure what the difference was and had been apprehensive about the food being too limited in choice here but I was wrong. The menu has more than enough choice, especially for a lunch meal and contrary to some of the reviews on here, my personal opinion was that it was really very good value for money.

We all loved it here and will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Good food, bit overpriced”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went here for a couple of lunches. Would repeat even though I think the price is a tat too high. Food is nice and the variety is good. They have interesting options.

Visited May 2014
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Perfect every time”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We come here quite a lot. And we always sit at one of the outside tables. Great service and food. And a great place for people watching.

Visited June 2014