“After all these years……my first ever visit”
Review of Spaghetti House

Spaghetti House
Ranked #2,580 of 27,194 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Spaghetti House Argyll Street in the heart of Oxford Street/Regent Street, very close to Carnaby Street & opposite Liberty's. Open all day from 12noon, offering plenty of tasty Italian dishes, whether you prefer to pick & share or tuck into a good plate of pasta, a refreshing & healthy salad, or juicy steak, there is something for everyone. Plenty of outside seating in the warmer months to sit & enjoy a delicious home-made tiramisu or a gorgeous gelato Italiano & watch the world go by.
Reviewed 7 May 2015

Spaghetti House restaurants have been around for all of my life……and I'm not that young but for some reason, I have never been to one before. Having now turned vegan and finding myself in the West End, shopping nearby, it seemed the best solution for a quick lunch……as everywhere else seemed hopeless for Vegan food…...and it turned out to be quite a surprise.

Firstly, the manager, a lovely Italian lady, Christina, was exceptionally helpful re information re vegan dishes, also our waitress, another Italian, was terrific. The food was lovely…..for a chain restaurant, I wish I had come here years ago when needing a quick lunch as it really is very good indeed. This would explain why the chain has enjoyed such longevity.

The famous Spaghetti House Siege of many years ago actually put me off as the idea of ever dining here as the chain seemed like a joke and as so many new restaurant chains have appeared over the years however the newer chains don't do Italian food anywhere near as good was this…….and they all seem to be staffed by Eastern Europeans and of course there is nothing wrong with that. But how lovely and how rare to find an Italian chain restaurant staffed by Italians. It would not surprise me if Italians are also doing the cooking!

Date of visit: May 2015
2  Thank BarryAscot

Reviewed 20 April 2015

We popped in for dinner for a quick bite to eat before seeing a show, and had a nice lovely meal. Very quick service, and our food was delivered in good time. We were able to walk in, get a table, eat, and have coffee all within an hour, and still had a few minutes to spare before the show!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 17 April 2015

Definitely one of the best bowls of pasta that I've had in a very long time. Served quickly in a very busy restaurant, which was so popular there were people being turned away.
Good size portions, excellent fresh pasta and very reasonably priced.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

I went to the Oxford Circus branch last night and was really happy with everything. The staff was so friendly and helpful and answered a few questions I needed to know regarding the menu. The food was delicious, tasted liked proper Italian food. The food came really fast like within ten minutes of ordering so I wouldn't go here if you wanted a long sit down dinner with friends but I would definitely recommend here if you want quick Italian good at a great price. The restaurant itself was nice and cosy and in such a great location right off Oxford Circus tube station. Would definitely go back, lovely x

Reviewed 13 April 2015

Weary after a huge shopping day and in search of a hot meal - we stopped off at Spaghetti House in search of a stodgy Italian lunch - I was not expecting something awesome but was counting on something edible - my spaghetti bolognaise was awful - tasteless / lukewarm and very light on meat. Gross. It was reminiscent of tinned spaghetti Bol that I sometimes had as a child - maybe it was. My daughters meal was also terrible. Not only were the meals unacceptable so was the service - brusque hard faced staff - we were hurriedly seated / menus were shoved at us and plated were clanked in front of us. My daughter asked for a glass of water- you need it - to wash the taste away - she was served a bottle of water - billed at 3 quid - I hate that fudging. Needless to say - never again . What a horrible place.

Date of visit: April 2015