“Wonderful Tribute”

Bomber Command Memorial
Ranked #57 of 1,815 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The RAF Benevolent Fund is proud and privileged to be the custodian of the new Bomber Command Memorial in central London. The memorial has been built to be modern, yet classical, in Portland stone. At its heart are the bronze sculptures of a Bomber Command aircrew. Within the memorial, the space is open to the sky with an opening designed to allow light to fall directly onto sculptures of the aircrew.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

An unassuming structure from the outside, but the sculpture inside is excellent. Worthwhile seeing, spend some time to appreciate the detail in the sculpture and the human sacrifices that it represents.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,627)
All reviews
in 227 reviews
"monument"
in 230 reviews

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I've seen some of the criticisms for this memorial and I find them unjustified. Of course everyone has a right to their opinion. So here's mine. I thought it was thought provoking, moving and lovely. Would I, and did I, make it a priority while in London? No. We happened to see it while making our way to Buckingham Palace. For what it's worth, I was glad that we did.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We went out of our way to visit here and were glad we did. I had visited once before when unfortunately some of our fellow citizens had decided to vandalise it with religious nonsense. I am sure w e will continue to make a visit when we are in london.

1  Thank fussyrobson
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very impressive memorial and a lovely way to commemorate the veterans. Located on corner of Hyde Park.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2014

While planning our day in London, we had wanted to visit the Bomber Command Memorial that we had read about and dedicate (2012) not that long ago. When we asked about the location, some Londoner's weren't even sure where or what it was. No matter, we found it and it was quite impressive. We walked from Harrah's a few blocks to the entrance to the park and it was just on the left, parallel to the main thoroughfare.