“A fabulous experience to learn and enjoy!”

East London Wine School - Day Classes
Ranked #17 of 155 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an independent Wine School offering tastings and courses for all levels, located in the heart of the City of London. Our style is informal, unstuffy and relaxed, and our customers learn while enjoying themselves and having a good social experience. We also specialise in corporate and private tastings and team events to suit your own requirements.
Enfield, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A fabulous experience to learn and enjoy!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was given the eight week "world of Wines" course as a gift, and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed it!

This is a wholly amazing experience, especially when it challenges your preconceptions, perceptions and your ability to enjoy wine!

In Ian, your host, you have someone who is desperate to share their enjoyment of wine. It's not the formal, guarded knowledge of vineyards and regions. The school wants you to enjoy your wine, your way! It shows you things you may not have seen before and wants you to enjoy the experience, and more importantly the wine!

Go! Learn and enjoy!

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“East London Wine School”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My girlfriend and I signed up for the 8 week course. I was hesitant at first, expecting it to be quite formal with minimal wine tasting and information overload. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find its very fun with an informal setting and informative teacher. Ian was an excellent teacher. He gave us plenty of information early in the evening but as the wine flowed, he was quite happy to sit back and let the conversations among us flow. It's obvious Ian has a passion for what he does as you could sense he got great satisfaction when you really enjoyed a wine he'd picked for tasting. Speaking of the wine, you taste 6 very generous portions each evening and generally love about 5 of them. The icing on the cake is the delicious food offerings often prepared by Ian's wife. I'd definitely recommend the school to others.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Phil B
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great, relaxing and fun evening”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went to the Intro to Wine Tasting class. Ian runs a great class that instantly puts everybody at ease, even though it is clear Ian really knows his stuff there is nothing pretentious and it really is aimed at beginners. Ian's love and passion for wine and wine tasting is obvious and it makes the class enjoyable and exciting for everybody.

My girlfriend is vegan, we contacted Ian before the class and he really went the extra mile to make sure she the selection of wines we tasted would be suitable for her also.

Would recommend to anybody that would like to learn more about wine.

Visited April 2014
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fabulous day!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I bought this one day experience as a Christmas present for my boyfriend who often makes fun of me and my ideas about my taste/knowledge of wine! This is a really fun, easy going way to learn - Ian is a great teacher and host and immediately puts you at ease. There is not a single air of pretension on this course and we got to try a mixture of champagne, white and red wine with little tasters of food along the way. The food at the hotel for lunch was very good and necessary with all that drinking! We met some very nice people and even ended up going out for the evening with a couple we had met on the day! We have put our new found knowledge to good use and we would definitely book further courses with Ian. Can't recommend highly enough!

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Well informed and well fed”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was a red letter day gift, as it appeared it was for many attending the day's tutored tasting and lunch. Ian who runs the school provides all the required information to get to the hotel venue very near Aldgate tube station or Tower Hill. You are met at the door and the tutoring takes place in a 'board room' in the Chamberlain Hotel. Ian doesn't make it complicated! In fact he debunks most of the pretention and myths about wine concentrating on the lighter and enjoyable aspects of the 12 wines and regions you tase over the day. The session runs from 11.30 - 16.30. Champagne and white wine befor lunch red wines afterwards (no desert at lunch to spoil the reds!). An enjoyable session for novices and those with knowledge already. A wine book as a parting gift and excellent value for money.

Visited April 2014