“Lovely French bistro on Brick Lane”
Review of Chez Elles

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Description: French Bistro
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This is a gorgeous authentic French restaurant. Prices are reasonable for the amazing quality of the food. Mouth watering soufflés & probably the best steak tartare I have ever eaten. Very cute venue with lovely atmosphere. Staff are great & very attentive. Great find & we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

After wandering around the Spitaflields market in London's east end, we came upon Chez Elles like a flower sprouting out amongst the tall grass of Indian restaurants on Brick Road. So naturally, we went in. The place is very oddly situated in this area of Asian restaurants, but once inside, you could be in France, ( so we're told). The people are delightfully charming and spoke beautiful French with me despite my comical attempt to converse in kind. We naturally had escargot, Confit de canard and and a tower of crab, salmon and avocado. Crepe suzette for desert of course. You really do forget that you're in London as many of the people around us conversed in French. A most delightful evening and highly recommended. C'etait une experience merveilleuse.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I live close to this restaurant and so visit often, but that means I don’t review it anywhere near each time. Sat drinking wine, having had an excellent cheeseboard this evening,
I thought it was about time I rectified that and say that after years of regular visits I’ve never had so much as a single bad meal; glass of wine; or service experience. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Peter-Bricklane
Reviewed 26 October 2017

My husband and I visited as we wanted to visit brick lane but I didn't fancy Indian. WOW. I gave my husband the biggest kiss when walked in because he had found a beautiful hidden gem. The welcome was warm. The interior was wonderfully eclectic and romantic. although the lunch menu could be seen as quite short, there were plenty of specials on offer too. The food was perfect French bistro style and the welcome that we had from the owner was the sweetest ever. We definitely will be back. We both absolutely loved the food and the ambience. Thanks Chez Elle. 6 stars if I could give it

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Went here with my girlfriend on a Friday evening. No booking but the friendly staff found us a table once one became free. It had a warm and inviting atmosphere with very nice decor. But the food. Wow. Absolutely sublime. Best in London thus far. We had the cromesquis de st marcelin to start and I had the onglet and my girlfriend the monkfish. Fresh and cooked to perfection. Delicious. Incredibly reasonably priced for the quality. We'll be coming back again to try the others as soon as possible.