“tasty indian food”
Review of Indian City

Indian City
Reserve with OpenTable
Indian City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #735 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Indian City is a charismatic wood-panelled shop front wedged along New Bridge Street and minutes away from Blackfriars station. With city types, locals and the occasional tourist, Indian City has become a bit of a neighbourhood institution and the restaurant is famous for its classic curries, signature dishes and fast service. The restaurant is a cosy place for casual celebrations, lunchtime get-togethers and work dinners. Indian City has an unpretentious menu which includes renowned dishes.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lovely indian food - great sheekh kebab for starter - lovely tender lamb, a hint of spice and a mild flavour of cinnamon. Tasty Dhansak for main thats a cut above other similar priced indian restaurants. I'd definitely recommend this if you like indian food.

There are newer reviews for Indian City

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We love curry and live in the City and have tried every curry house within EC and WC 1/2. This is our favourite for flavour and freshness. Also cater well to members of your party who may want something lighter or milder. Traditional favourites like jalfrezi particularly good. Interior is smart and service slick enough for this to be used as a business venue also.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We picked this restaurant due to it being within walking distance of the Tate Modern and the good reviews. Turned out to be one of the best meals we had during a week in London (and we ate well). The service was very attentive, but not pushy. I added a vegetable side after the rest of our order had come and it arrived promptly. (I highly recommend the spinach.) I usually go medium heat, saucy dishes, especially lamb, but decided to venture out with the green chili chicken. Excellent. all 5 of us had meals that were flavorful and delicious. My son wanted heat in his and he got it. The dishes marked medium heat had a kick, but weren't overwhelming. the mild dishes were not hot, but had plenty of flavor. the naan was hot and soft. for dessert the chocolate cake was outstanding, similar to a lava cake and with coconut ice cream.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were looking for an Indian place in London and booked this place because of the good reviews. The service was perfect, very friendly and quick. Food-wise, it started promising with decent starters. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there. My main course, Tandoori Chicken was chewy and a bit bland, just not all that tasty. My friends weren't impressed either. Overall, my impression was mixed, the place is really lovely and the prices very fair. I am not going there again because there is much better Indian food out there in London.

1  Thank Nick_Zurich
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Staying in Tower Hill and not wanting to join the crowds in the West End we visited this restaurant and I have to say what a pleasure it was. We were shown immediately to the table with a friendly welcome. Whilst perusing the food menu I ordered some drinks and noted a number of good wines in the early £20 range. Iced water was also provided. My wife and I shared the garlic King prawn starter (£7) which was beautifully cooked and presented and continued with a Chicken Balti and Xacutie chicken (both £10) with a garlic naan and lemon rice.
Although the Xacutie contained a little too much coconut for my taste the dishes were really tasty and also devoid of the oily liquid which often seems to lurk on a number of restaurants dishes.
The service was attentive and friendly and I would highly recommend this restaurant if you ever find yourselves in the Blackfriars area.