“a real haven”
Review of Temple Lodge Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Temple Lodge Club
Ranked #112 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent a few days here with our daughter awhile ago now and would definitely return. The setting is beautiful, restful, and historic. The attached vegetarian restaurant is a must-try; the breakfast was ample and original - all organic; no TVs (yay!); an inviting reading room and back garden. The rooms are unique - named after artists - cozy and comfortable. Shared toilets and baths throughout, but very clean. Those who are familiar with the communitarian philosophy of Rudolf Steiner will find themselves right at home. For UK and European friends both, we have been recommending this place as the perfect antidote to London's urban bustle. The location may seem far-flung for some, but when you consider the quality and price relative to more central options, you'll be sold. And the connections to public transport are very good: bus and tube.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed in the Sombart room for one night (all rooms are named after artists), a really well sized double room with lots of light and with view to the beautiful secluded garden. It is lovingly furnished to an extremely high standard and attention to detail (amazing linens, organic teas by the kettle, quality of materials and furniture). It really felt like a peaceful bedroom set in a country house.
The room had it’s own sink and shower but the toilet is outside in the hallway and shared with a few others. Initially we were a bit unsure about this arrangement but it was so sparkling clean and looked after that it never felt awkward in any way.
The continental breakfast buffet, again, was really impressive with plenty of choice and it seemed mostly organic.
We also loved the location and went for a wander around the Thames path with loads of little cafes, restaurants and pubs literally around the corner.
A true gem. Wouldn’t hesitate a moment to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 123RK
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel, my room looks on to the beautiful garden , birds are singing and classical music is everywhere ... Quirky but so beautiful..

Although its Christian ethos might put some people off, it isn't noticeably pushed on people , the only place I can feel it is in the books in the building ..

First hotel that I was in that had no tv in room...and It works big time for me ..

I will return , just to experience an oasis in the madness of London .. A real quirky gem ...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Dave D
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Have stayed here many times, the last being March. It's a very friendly comfortable B&B in a quiet location, only 2 minutes walk from the Odeon as I know it (Apollo) .
5 minutes from the Hammersmith Broadway and underground stations.
Good base for a London break.

Highly recommended !

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I just overall love the Temple Lodge.
I've been staying there since I was 14 (almost 10 years ago), and I will always try and get a room when in London.
To me, it feels like coming home and it is just the greatest feeling.
The people working there are the friendliest, the rooms are awfully cosy and nice, the bathrooms are spotless and very very clean, the house is wonderful, location downright awesome - I wish I could say bad things so that people won't go there and I have to myself, but obviously, I cannot say such things :-)
Loving the Temple Lodge forever and ever!

Room Tip: Each room is great! If you can, try and get one right below the roof or facing the wonderful garden!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank CatherineIG
Reviewed 11 August 2012

You just won't believe this beautiful Georgian building...in Hammersmith.
I actually miised it when I arrived, as it is so secluded.

The building and gardens are surrounded by a wall, giving the property some real privacy and and atmosphere of peace.

I stayed in room 2 - Leonardo (each room is named after an artist - Sir Fank Brangwyn being the original artist that resided here.)
The room featured a lovely wooden floor, high ceiling, tasteful decoration, heavy curtains, a wash hand basin, shower, a table and chair and much more - No TV though, which I thought was good.

There are plenty of bits to make cups of tea and coffee and a kettle.
The room is spotlessly clean. It is not an ensuite room though. I think most of the rooms are like this, but the toilets/bathrooms are very close, and this was a really impressive feature...fantastically clean. The toilets smell good!
In my room was a little box containing cashew nuts, and organic chocolate and assorted goodies, plus bottles of water and juice, all at good prices.

The breakfast was fantastic - All good healthy stuff (vegetarian) and the breahfast room is lovely.
Next to the breakfast room is a library, where guests can relax and read.

After we had checked out we spent a couple of hours enjoying the garden, which really is beautiful, and very relaxing. It is hard to believe that this is in Hammersmith.
The Lodge is literally a two minute walk from Hammersmith bus/tube interchange and one minute from the Apollo.
The number 10 bus takes you directly to/from Euston, via the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington, Knightbridge and Oxford Street.

I am not a vegetarian or a christian, but I found the staff here welcoming and friendly. Please don't be put off by the veggy "billing" of the Lodge. It is a beautiful house and the staff are fantastic.

I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ManchesterBenny
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Ever been staying in London and not been able to sleep because of traffic noise, hotel noise etc?
This place is so quiet and tranquil, yet in the heart of London. Lovely walled garden too, Vegetarian restaurant. I just loved this place, but am a country person, so it may not be for everyone. However it was clean, friendly, a bit old-fashioned and the public rooms had a library and details for travellers in London.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business