“AWFUL”

Ranked #2,752 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: La Petite Bretagne proudly proposes original French crepes and Breton delicatesseen (cider, salted caramels, canned fish, kouign amann...).All our crepes are freshly made on order. Eat-in and takeaway.
“AWFUL”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I am from France, I know recognize a good crepe and it was just HORRIBLE. I saw them preparing the meal and I can say that it wasn't good at all : prepackaged salad, the crepe seems having been bought in a supermarket, the aliments didn't have taste... the restaurant itself was not clean at all : we've seen two clients leave the restaurant and two others come after... Can you imagine that, between them, the table HAS NOT BEEN WASHED !!!! PLUS, the waitresses went outside to smoke and came back a few minutes later : They were preparing meals (cutting strawberries, touching aliments, ...) whereas they didn't wash their hands !!! Boxes and bottles were stacked in the middle of the restaurant.
Me and my husband had been sick !!! We just can't imagine that people are able to write good comments : maybe they are friends of the director... This restaurant is a shame for the REAL BRETAGNE and its amazing crepes.

If you don't want to be sick, don't go there !!!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Celine P
Antoine D, Gérant at La Petite Bretagne Hammermsith, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Celine,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in our creperie. Our regular customers, both French and English, usually really enjoy their crepes.
Our mixtures are prepared daily on site and all our crepes are freshly made to order.
Our ingredients are high quality ingredients that come from France.
We do use prepacked rocket salad but only to keep its freshness.
As for the hand washing, you are completly right, this should not happen and is completly against our health and safety procedures. A staff meeting has been arranged to address this issue.
We would be very happy if you could give us another chance to show you why our creperie is so popular!

Kind regards,

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Quick and efficient”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Crepes and cider, what to ask more? The crepes were delicious and tenders. The staff quick and polite, May be not enough smiling. Shame..

• Visited April 2014
“An excellent crepe”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was just passing by when I saw the crepes. I live close-by and now I feel lucky. Good ingredients, nice smell, the smell of crepe!. Go eat one!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank KlauVas2013
London
“Great pre-theatre venue”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We always go to La Petite Bretagne before we go to a show at the Hammersmith Lyric. The food is fabulous, the service is very friendly and efficient, and the prices are reasonable. I love the decor, it is very authentic! Beyond a shadow of a doubt the best crepes in London.

• Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank MumPlusOne02
“Hammersmith little treasure”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you like good quality coffee, and don't like the chains, it's the place to go.
I was impressed as it's not a looker but good tea, coffee and pancakes.

• Visited March 2014