“A bit too quiet and food just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Camino Monument

Camino Monument
Ranked #3,240 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$51
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Camino has been created as a place to enjoy the life, vigour and tastes of Spain. We love travelling from one region of Spain to another along the ‘Camino’ – the Spanish word for road, way or path – discovering the best local food and drinks. We have a passion for this country of strong contrasts and enormous spirit, a lifestyle where food, drink and company are vital elements to everyday existence.
London
“A bit too quiet and food just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I came here with a colleague on a Tuesday evening for dinner and we were practically the only people in the restaurant - so really quiet and lacking in atmosphere. The food was traditional tapas (chorizo, patatas bravas, crispy squid) with some nice additions from the grill - we tried their chicken which was very succulent. It was all decent quality but quite ordinary. The desserts were excellent - crema catalana and a lovely lemon cream with a gin and tonic sorbet. For two courses without alcohol we paid £56 for two with service which was very reasonable. Service was charming but the whole thing was just a bit on the dull side.

• Visited June 2014

Uk
“Good...not very good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here a couple of times and the food has been very good but I do prefer some of the less modern tapas which are missing from the menu for example Albondigas.

One of the highlights is the potatoes with chorizo, egg and cheese. A great dish. The olives are amazing here also.

Staff are friendly enough but lack of attentiveness points to them being overworked. Good atmosphere but not cheap. Will only return if I am taken here rather than I doing the entertaining.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Good food, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We ate on a Friday lunchtime when it was very busy. I'd certainly recommend booking a table.

The menu is the usual tapas affair with lots of options. Our food was cooked very nicely and the service was swift.

Good atmosphere and I imagine very buzzie in the evening.

Would recommend.

Westfield, New Jersey
“Eclectic and satisfying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

After a long day of sightseeing, my son and I were looking for something to eat close to the Tower of London. We checked our guidebooks, and settled on Camino Monumento. It's in a business area, so it had a lively bar crowd. The food was tapas style, which my son has never had. The waitress greeted us promptly, and gave us some olives to munch on while we read the menu. These were, hands down, the best olives I have ever tasted in my life. They were subtly seasoned with lemon, thyme, and rosemary, and I could not stop eating them.

Some of our selections were the cheese plate (fabulous), mild anchovies in a killer lemony sauce, charcuterie platter, and breads. We were stuffed. Great little find.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great for City after work catch up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Similar to previous reviewers, when I first approached the restaurant the bar area was spilling out with people onto the street and I had a sense of foreboding! Surprisingly, when I was taken into the restaurant area, it was a lot quieter and absolutely perfect ambience to catch up with some friends.
Service was super friendly and food was of good quality. Price was ok for the area (most Tapas places I've been to have been more pricey and provided less food).

Booked through Toptable and would come back again.

• Visited April 2014