“Nice people and good location!”

easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Ranked #759 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 May 2013

First, its London you are in! If you want a five star hotel then by all means, pay 500.00 and up a night for someplace that you will only sleep in. For those that want to take in all of London and just need a shower, bed, and a good sleep, then you have found the place. I headed others reviews and brought a noise canceling machine that helped me sleep well, as this is a busy street. My daughter and I slept very well and had no issues that others seemed to have with noisy neighbors. Every staff member i encountered was very pleasant. Lloyd was my 'go to' person for hints and places to travel, he was always cheerful and helpful. SO NOW THE LOWDOWN! Small rooms and small bathrooms. If you have not read any other reviews then you must know this. BUT WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED? This is London, a cosmopolitan city with so much to offer, that our 9 day stay was too short to see it all. Old street tube station is 10 minutes away. There is a smart little "Cafe Central" right across the street. Good coffee and reasonable prices. Great trip and will be back when at all possible.

Room Tip: Get a room with windows, but be forewarned, they sell out fast! Rooms to the south are quiter, but I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Phil51a1a
There are newer reviews for easyHotel Old St / Barbican

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'll admit it. When I entered our room, I was shocked at the tiny size. Then I was reminded of the great price and location and I calmed down. EasyHotel is great if either you're only staying in one for a couple of days or if all you're using it for is a bed. Otherwise, yes, the accommodations and complete lack of amenities can be grating.

That said, the customer service was quite good, the lobby-only WiFi worked great, and, other than not being informed ahead of time of the keycard-activated lights, the minimal facilities were great as well.

Clean, cheap, great location, and minimal.

Room Tip: The staff won't tell us non-Europeans: you need to insert your keycard in the little slot immedi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was fine for a night or two, we were looking for a cheap place to stay in London while we went out sightseeing for a couple of days. This was the most inexpensive hotel I found considering its in the midst of London and a tube stop is nearby. But make no mistake: this is an incredibly small room, so I wouldn't recommend staying if you need a place for more than 2 nights. The staff is pretty friendly and there is Wi Fi in the lobby. Good for a QUICK budget stay in London.

Room Tip: **Best for solo travellers, couples or someone you're REALLY comfortable with, the rooms are tin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I wouldn't leave my dog in a room that small for a weekend never mind 2 grown ups. The walls are horrendously thin & can hear the neighbours cough. The bathroom is on par with that of an aeroplane toilet. I should have known better for a budget hotel, but after being told it was okay & clean I thought it would be fine. Avoid these hotels like the plague.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed at this easyHotel location for two nights at the end of March. The room (on the ground floor with NO window) was clean and decent-sized. The bathroom was also very clean when I arrived, and I was provided with two sets of towels even though I was travelling on my own. The only minus was the lack of a closet or somewhere where to hang my clothes, but since I was there for only two days, it didn't really matter that much. The hotel is VERY close to both Old St. and Barbican tube stops, and is also well connected with buses that take you all the way to Holborn Stn. Some have said the rooms were cold. I was there in probably the coldest March ever experience in England, and my room was a cosy 24/26C (I like it HOT!). I would go definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NiKkOsAn
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The room was clean but that was the only good thing I have to say about this hotel. When my boyfriend and I first checked into the hotel we were given the wrong room key twice. Luckily we were only staying one night since we had only come to London to visit the British museum but one night was enough to conclude that this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The day time staff were helpful but when we returned to the hotel around 9pm (before we had left we turned the heating off in our room because it was boiling) the room was still sweltering even though it was supposed to be off. We noticed that the air conditioning vents on the ceiling had been blocked up with tissue paper so we went and asked the night receptionist if she knew how to turn the heating off. She came to our room, accused us of putting the tissue paper in the vents, went back to her desk and then came back apologised and said something was wrong with boiler. This was in a room with no window, and speaking to a few people in the hotel with a window in their room they could not open them anyway.

In the morning I had a shower (the bathroom is the size of an aeroplane toilet, you can pretty much wash your hair while sitting on the toilet) the steam from the shower only made the room hotter (heating was still broken) and I had to stand in the corridor in a towel for a few minutes because the heat was making me feel faint. I do not recommend this hotel at all, yes, it is cheap for London and we were expecting a basic room because of the cost but there's basic and then there's (as another user has said) a prison cell. I would never stay here again. Terrible hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lemonade321
Reviewed 9 May 2013

we stayed in the hotel for two days. we get a room without window(pay a little more for a window guys) 2adults for 150e, very good price for a hotel in london. The room was clean, the stuff very polite and helpful .10min walking distance from the metro and bus station. you get what you pay! i would choose the hotel again for 2 or 3 days(not more) but i would afford for a window for sure!

Room Tip: get a window room!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple