“Unbeatable deal for central London, just don't expect too much”

and 1 more site!
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Ranked #668 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Easy as advertised - book early and there are ridiculous prices to be had, but even at the £49 I paid, you can't fault Easyhotel for offering awesome value in the centre of the city.

If you can get over the fact it looks like the inside of an easy jet, it's clean and the beds are comfortable. Cost savings are everywhere and the windowless rooms are quite confusing for an insomniac (how do I tell what point we're at in the night without some kind of light!!), not to mention fairly noisy, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a place to rest in the middle of the city with friendly staff and a very reasonable price tag. It's not the Ritz.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The room was clean and tidy and the temperatures were fine unlike some of the other reviews on here. The bed was comfy and its location is great for the t
ube.The staff were friendly and it is great value for money. That said the walls are so thin that we could actually hear both parts of someones mobile conversation word for word and every time someone opens a door on your floor you feel and see it. I would have given it four stars as i believe you get what you pay for but one massive down point is that the entry system on the door is broken so they have the door propped open at all times. As we saw three different staff and no one asked us to prove we were staying there it bothered me greatly that there was no security or safety and that it didnt look as if anyone cared to fix it as it was just left with paper sellotaped over the door to make a pull sign.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

No heating, only coat hook falling off wall, fan in bath cubicle on floor, dust in corners, light switches odd, NoTV or WIFI in rooms. Pluses - family room size v good, beds clean as was linen and towels. Quiet room too so great nights sleep. Concept good but more attention to detail would have rated 4/5. Ladies no hair dryer or toiletries too. Would I use again, yes but only occasionally when clean bed needed only for 1 night.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

First, its London you are in! If you want a five star hotel then by all means, pay 500.00 and up a night for someplace that you will only sleep in. For those that want to take in all of London and just need a shower, bed, and a good sleep, then you have found the place. I headed others reviews and brought a noise canceling machine that helped me sleep well, as this is a busy street. My daughter and I slept very well and had no issues that others seemed to have with noisy neighbors. Every staff member i encountered was very pleasant. Lloyd was my 'go to' person for hints and places to travel, he was always cheerful and helpful. SO NOW THE LOWDOWN! Small rooms and small bathrooms. If you have not read any other reviews then you must know this. BUT WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED? This is London, a cosmopolitan city with so much to offer, that our 9 day stay was too short to see it all. Old street tube station is 10 minutes away. There is a smart little "Cafe Central" right across the street. Good coffee and reasonable prices. Great trip and will be back when at all possible.

Room Tip: Get a room with windows, but be forewarned, they sell out fast! Rooms to the south are quiter, but I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Phil51a1a
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'll admit it. When I entered our room, I was shocked at the tiny size. Then I was reminded of the great price and location and I calmed down. EasyHotel is great if either you're only staying in one for a couple of days or if all you're using it for is a bed. Otherwise, yes, the accommodations and complete lack of amenities can be grating.

That said, the customer service was quite good, the lobby-only WiFi worked great, and, other than not being informed ahead of time of the keycard-activated lights, the minimal facilities were great as well.

Clean, cheap, great location, and minimal.

Room Tip: The staff won't tell us non-Europeans: you need to insert your keycard in the little slot immedi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was fine for a night or two, we were looking for a cheap place to stay in London while we went out sightseeing for a couple of days. This was the most inexpensive hotel I found considering its in the midst of London and a tube stop is nearby. But make no mistake: this is an incredibly small room, so I wouldn't recommend staying if you need a place for more than 2 nights. The staff is pretty friendly and there is Wi Fi in the lobby. Good for a QUICK budget stay in London.

Room Tip: **Best for solo travellers, couples or someone you're REALLY comfortable with, the rooms are tin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I wouldn't leave my dog in a room that small for a weekend never mind 2 grown ups. The walls are horrendously thin & can hear the neighbours cough. The bathroom is on par with that of an aeroplane toilet. I should have known better for a budget hotel, but after being told it was okay & clean I thought it would be fine. Avoid these hotels like the plague.

• Stayed: May 2013