“No lock on door”

Ranked #687 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“No lock on door”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Was woken up at 3.30 am by a man entering my room. When I complained at reception was given only the name of the manager but no contact details. Have spent all morning trying to reach someone with no success. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE ALONE

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Natasha S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Coralville, Iowa
Reviewed 15 December 2013

As others here have mentioned, the rooms are waaay too hot. Apparently the A/C is still broken to this day and the lackluster management has no plans to ever fix it.

I cannot tell you enough how uncomfortably hot my room got last night. I woke up at 4:30am sweating and noticed the heat was on. I went to reception and complained. The receptionist said something like "well we can only turn the heat on or off for the whole building, and other people are complaining they're cold". what is this, the 19th century?

I wish I had stayed in a hostel. anywhere else really where the room isn't boiling.

I have to spend tonight here and am dreading it.

Room Tip: don't get a room here
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nilloc13

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights at the end of our 4 month stay in London. We were kicked out of our flat and this was the cheapest place we found in Central London. I did not expect anything great, and just wanted a comfortable place to sleep. We had no intentions of spending time in the room other than at night, so it seemed like a perfect fit. The staff at reception were very nice and the room was quite clean.

However, immediately upon coming to our room, we opened the door to be hit by a heatwave. It was so hot in the room that we couldn't stand to be in there any longer than it took to drop off our bags. There was a thermostat on the wall but it was useless. We immediately told reception and they said they would try to turn off the heat. Later that day we returned to our room, which was still warm, but the heat had obviously been turned off and it was slightly more bearable. Still much too hot, though.

We managed to sleep, on top of the blankets of course, but woke up boiling hot at 4am. We propped open the door with a shoe for some relief but we noticed that the red light on the thermostat had turned back on, indicating that the heat was cranking again. We went downstairs to ask reception to turn it off and they said there was nothing they could do because other people were complaining about being cold and they would have to turn off the heat for the entire hotel. I had one of the worst nights of sleep of my life here and would not recommend staying here if you are a normal human being.

TERRIBLE hotel - do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Danielle P
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed at the EasyHotel after a Christmas Party in London. I wasn't expecting much, and the hotel delivered. The room was very small with no window, a double bed and a small shower / toilet cubicle. That was pretty much it, which was exactly what I needed and exactly what they advertised. The chap at reception was friendly enough. The walls were super thin and you can hear everything going on in the rooms around you, again perfectly fine if you are getting in late and leaving early anyway.
If you are on holiday and looking to save some money do not book this hotel - this hotel is perfectly fine if you just need somewhere to kip for a few hours.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jdtootell
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I've stayed in many budget hotels barely above being classed as a hostel so i didnt expect much from this hotel. It has a bed, a towel and shower gel....thats it. I'm guessing the urine stench in the bathroom, the mould on the shower curtain, the toilet seat that doesnt actually fit and the lack of air con (which was bunged up with paper) came free. On arrival the front door says "pull to open" after 5 mins of searching for the missing handle, we realised that we had to wedge our fingers inbetween the doors to open them (as there was no receptionist) to push the door open. 20mins standing with other guests waiting to be seen, the receptionist comes in from the chippy with his dinner (still waiting on a "sorry to keep you"). A customer in front of us complained her room stank of urine, so the "last room available" was given to her, which we discovered later on that it also stank of urine. I'm guessig this is an issue on quite a few of the rooms. Enter the lift to find no buttons, only holes in the wall panel to which you need to stick your fingers into to get the lift to go. Thankfully we only used the room for the purpose of sleeping and changing. We spent as much time as possible exploring London. We may try Easy Hotel again but this time a different site, which hopefully doesnt have a urine problem. Its cheap and somewhat cheerful, It shouldnt really be classed as a hotel tho, its more a very basic travellers hostel.

Room Tip: Dont expect much, Rooms next to the lift are extremely noisy. Hope the smell of urine doesnt bother...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dwaite32
Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We booked this a windowless room in this hotel for one night to save a bit of money. BIG MISTAKE. After we checked in we noticed the room was getting a bit warm. Then it became worse and worse - it was like there was NO AIR CIRCULATION in the room whatsoever!! The receptionist said she was aware of the problem and someone was working on it. Then afterwards I asked her how long it had been broken for, she told me that it had been BROKEN FOR MONTHS! I asked to upgrade to a room with a window, but they were sold out. The receptionist desk had a sign saying they would not tolerate abuse against their staff, and no wonder they have to put that sign on, anyone would feel the heat after being suffocated. Never mind if they provide breakfast, clean linen, or even a bed - they don't even care about providing AIR!! If you still want to stay here, get a room with a window.

Room Tip: Just don't!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nicky L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights as I needed somewhere very low cost.

The hotel is in serious need of a facelift - the lift wasn't in the greatest condition with buttons missing etc but seemed safe.

The room was clean and very basic with 2 single beds, a mirror and a few power points but there was no table or anywhere to put your laptop etc.

The bathroom wasn't that clean which was disappointing and the shower curtain smelt a bit strange when it got wet....which was worrying. The water wasn't that warm.

Overall though, considering the price I paid (£50 per night for a twin room) and the location (5minute walk to old street tube) I could put up with the faults.

The only interaction with staff is at reception and they were friendly enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business