“Clean and Tiny”

easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Ranked #759 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The rooms are small, but you get what you pay for. We stayed for 2 nights and it was so fine. The rooms were very clean, the only small complaint I would have was the shower curtain needs to be changed. We didn't have a window, but did not feel claustrophobic at all.Our kids shared a twin room and it was clean and cosy. The train station is only a 10 minute walk away. There is a cute little cafe on the same road, timber yard cafe which serves some great brekkie. If you would like something cheap don't hesitate but stay in an easy hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for easyHotel Old St / Barbican

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Small/cosy, clean/comfy bed, hilariously small bathroom but it's £29. £29!!!

We booked an hour before arriving to Old St/Barbican purely so we didn't have to rush for the last train home on a Sat night. Yes it's super basic but given the brand and the price - it's to be expected.

If you're looking for somewhere handy to rest your head after a night out it's perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is simply a place to sleep if you, for some reason need to be in Central London for the night (I wouldn't recommend more than a night or two!). We stayed in a double room with a window, which faced an adjacent office room. Room was not much bigger than the bed, just space to slip a suitcase down the side of the bed, a mirror and a couple of plug sockets being your only amenities. Could not fault the cleanliness of the bathroom or the room. Admittedly, the shower was lukewarm but, again, spotlessly clean. Only major downside was the thickness of the walls - reached 12am and closed my eyes, I could have easily been in a packed-out, glorified brothel. (earplugs maybe??)

Just 5 mins away from Old Street tube, it's a great, safe, central place to stay if you want to crash after a night out on the town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed two days ago on a work trip which was booked for me it cost the organisation £60 and I had no idea what to expect only that it would be basic.

Unless you can sleep in a small plastic box and don't mind dirty bed linen, a shower curtain with a mildew trim, no heating and a cold shower in the morning don't stay here!

Also there is no TV, furniture, phone or hairdryer in the room. I has a window but the blind was broken and you couldn't see out for bird poo on the window.

I felt panicky and claustrophobic when I entered the room as it is only just larger than a double bed. i went to reception and asked for a bigger room and was told none available. I asked could I borrow a hairdryer and was handed a dryer with Chinese writing on and looked like it had been left behind as it as on a two prong adaptor and didn't work anyway.

I will never be staying in an Easyhotel again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed in the Easy Hotel Rotterdam which is perfectly nice- this one is a much more basic experience. Fine if you want to crash out for a few hours but not great for a stay. Rooms was so small we had to put suitcases on beds to be able to open them. Trim was coming off ceiling. Shower curtain smelt. It is more like a university halls of residence than a hotel

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My word, I've stayed in some places but this tales the biscuit... whilst I accept that this is a no-frills hotel (and I have no issue with that,), what I can't accept is the lack of hygiene with multiple bugs in the bed, no heating despite several complaints and, today, no hot water at all in either the sink or the shower.

If you're a student, you need to get a roof over your head for a short time or cash is tight then fair enough, but you have been warned...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank paul c
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

£40 for a room in London somewhere clean and safe? No brainer!!!!

Only downside is the maids were so loud the next morning that they got us up at 8am (we had got in at 5am so it was v unwelcome). So my only recommendation to those at Easyhotel is kept it down please, the walks are mega thin!

Breakfast is 2mins away at Wetherspoons. Don't make our mistake of going to the local kebab shop, not sure what meat we ate

Stayed: January 2014