“Not bad for easyHotel”

and 1 more site!
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Ranked #668 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Not the best easyHotel but not a bad price for London. This was my second time staying here and I would stay here again because of the value. Rooms are basic - even more basic than a lot of the other easyHotels - no TV for example. However, room was pretty clean. Staff could perhaps be a little friendlier but weren't absolutely terrible. Overall, not a bad choice for London. You get what you pay for. If you just want a place to sleep this is not a bad option.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theirishleprechaun
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I booked two nights since I assumed if I cancelled the second night early enough (before 3pm) I would get a refund, but NO its not the case. What they do is credit you for ANOTHER night in this awful hotel. To be honest I didn't think it was so bad - it was clean BUT hermetically sealed and if you have even MILD claustrophobia DO NOT STAY there. I asked for a room with a window…the window was a sliver and you can't open it. The ceilings are very low so it gives the feeling of a coffin. You can hear everything in the next rooms (all four sides) but luckily people were on the while quiet. Theres NOTHING in the room except for a bed and towel. the bathroom is exactly like you are on a flight. Stinks.

Room Tip: Choose as big a room as you can find
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The first room we were given had hundreds of hairs on the duvet and bedsheets, it was like someone had been shaving in bed but no-one had bothered to clean it. this was reported and to the receptionist organised a new room. however, we were never offered any kind of apology which you would generally expect.

In the new room things were better but the shower curtain stunk of mould and urine. we also noticed some small insects crawling around on the towels in our room - not sure where these were from.

Overall, it was a pretty unpleasant stay which was not particularly cheap either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank doctorjc
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just got back from a 1 night stay at Easy Hotel Barbican and boy am I glad I only had to stay the 1 night!!! Firstly, I booked knowing what to expect with an Easy Hotel. I stayed at the Paddington hotel a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised, hence my reasons for booking again! However, be warned the Barbican branch is not up to standard... The reception staff were unwelcoming and unhelpful, barely managing to crack a smile when saying hello! I booked a standard room, no window as that was all that was available but that was a big mistake. There was zero air in the room on a warm summers night and nothing but a cold (warm) blower to cool me down. The vent above the bed was blocked so I actually spent the night on the floor trying to cool down under the vent next to the door. The room was dirty with dust covering the skirting boards. The bathroom flooded when I tried to have a shower and the showers temperature.. freezing / boiling! There was also a huge hole in the wall of my bathroom leading to a concrete underground! I chose the Easy Hotel as I was visiting London for business and needed a cheap room to get some sleep for 1 night, however I wish I hadn't bothered, as I didn't sleep at all! I will not be trusting Easy Hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SamB240488
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very good value. Good location as it's walkable to central London (30mins). HOWEVER. .. The sheets were grubby... The towels were questionable... and the shower curtain smelt and looked like it had been previously used as a body bag. Felt dirtier after having a shower. Disgusting

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The title of my review is a reflection of the hotel itself: basic. This is not to say that it is not nice however. The room was fairly large, the bathroom was spotless, and the air conditioning worked a treat. I stayed in the cheapest room and did not have a window; however, this did not bother me at all as the beds were comfortable and I had a very good nights sleep. It is obviously not a hotel one would stay in if on holiday for a long time. It suits short stays and weekend breaks but not anything longer. The hotel lacks the facilities for it to be anything more than a glorified B&B (without the second B).

My only two criticisms are that the walls are fairly thin and I could hear everything going on next door, although if you just wear some ear plugs it is hardly an issue. Also, the shower was a little temperamental with the temperature regulation. Again, this was not a huge issue and overall the bathroom was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic, it doesn't cost much more for a room with a window. If, like me, you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Booked and paid £45 for the room as I was in London in May 2014. What I was surprised about was how decent the lobby was.

Check in took a bit of a long time (15 minutes) and there was just one person in front of me. Room is as expected of easy hotels and cannot complain due to the price. My only issue was the room was cold at night and at 3am when I wanted to sort the heating out, it turns out my room was only going to be powered by a small electric heater which kept switching off and making noises etc.

Old Street station is 5 minutes walk and decent location to get to anywhere in london.

Would I stay here again. Only if I cannot find another easyhotel for cheaper or tunehotel in kings cross is way too expensive.

Room Tip: Pay extra for window
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends