“AMAZING LONDON FIND!”

Ranked #319 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“AMAZING LONDON FIND!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The team at this hotel could not be more helpful. Their style was genuine, natural and very professional. We were greeted with the good news that we were upgraded as it was our euro honeymoon (yay!) and the room was lovely! So pristine, great decor, amazing shower and really modern. The breakfast in the morning was absolutely amazing and very generous. I could not fault this hotel and definitely will be back to stay. Thanks Dorset Square Hotel!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We booked for 2 nights over New Year. As we have a daughter I was advised I had to book the Deluxe room to accommodate the extra bed. The room cost over £300 per night inc breakfast. We arrived at the hotel early (1330) as our room wasn't quite ready the staff asked if we would like a tea/coffee after a long journey we were ready for a coffee and a milk for my daughter. Along with the coffee tray we were given a bill for £12. I actually thought our booking included a welcome drink obviously not!!!!!! I was very disappointed with the sizeof our room, we could not walk around the bed it was so small! This was a Deluxe room not the standard room I wouldn't like to see the size of those! I brought this to the attention of the staff and they advised me they would try to change our room. They then advised me that because the hotel was so busy they could not change our room, but for £70 would let my daughter have a single room. This really annoyed me because then we would be paying around £390 for a night in an hotel, I had looked at Claridges and could have booked that for £400 in a much larger room and have all the trimmings that Claridges offers. The Dorset Sq does have a "drawing room" but only 1 family or 2 couples can fit into it!! You can also hear the sound of the tube below even on the 2nd floor!!. the room did not have a coffee machine or kettle which I would expect in any star of British hotel. The room did not have a bath only a shower. In the evening we ate at the restaurant, the food was lovely although the service was poor. After my earlier complaint about the room I thought it may have been nice to offer a complimentary drink but NO!. I had booked 2 nights at this hotel but felt £300 for a very small room without a bath was not good value and left after 1 night. Given the inconvenience of having to find another hotel on New Years Eve and having our plans for 2 relaxing days upset the hotel did absolutely nothing to help us, Jermaine the duty manager said you maybe more comfortable in one of our other properties in the West End next time you visit!!!! We were very disappointed and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank 365DebbieW
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hotel with superb decor and attention to detail. Staff and service excellent throughout, its just unfortunate we only spent one night there. You pay for what you get, and we had a great view overlooking the Dorset Square Park. Short taxi or walk to many other attractions and food and drink stops.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed a couple of weeks ago in one of the studio rooms. Room was on the ground floor but had no noise issues from the street. Room was very well decorated, usual Firmdale great style. Paid 420 a night which was expensive and a little over priced. Had lunch in the restaurant which was very nice but very quiet and the staff decided to clean out the cutlery drawer right behind me in the middle of lunch which was annoying. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dublin
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel is one of the Firmdale hotels that I have frequented before. I was initially hesitant as the rooms appeared extremely small and the hotel does not have a gym or a spa. I need not have worried, the uniqueness and beauty of the hotel made up for any lack.

The hotel itself is packed with design pieces and colors that work together. It oozes luxury and comfort. The room I had was a luxury room and whilst still very small it was beautifully appointed and perfect for my needs.

The staff are so friendly and attentive. I was made fee extremely welcome and part of the family so to speak.

I travel a lot and sometimes the hotels I visit are anonymous, soulless and uninspiring. Not so this charming little hotel. I will return if they will have me.

Room Tip: I would say if you are staying for more than one night you might consider upgrading to a luxury or d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Storrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed 3nights at this hotel in a "luxury" room, which was very nice but small.
The bathroom was especially small, the shower was so small that you could not turn round in it & I am not large at all.
Typical Firmdale interior , this one is cricket themed .
Not a great location unless you want to visit Marleybone high street! it is a walk from the west endso if you are gong to see a show I would not recommend this hotel. Go for the Covent Garden hotel same chain but a lot nearer the theatres .
The staff here are amazing and a credit to the management.They go out of their way to make sure you are happy.
I must mention the staff in the breakfast room ( the potting shed ), they were very helpful, friendly and very cheerful.
A shame no one wears a name badge as I would give a special mention.
I do have a small complaint though, which I wish Firmdake would address .
Why does your computer system not store all my details??
I have stayed at many of your hotels in London on a number of occasions, manly the Covent Garden Hotel , but when we checked in at Dorset Square we had to give them all again !!!!
This is so annoying as at Covent Garden they remember you and give you a upgrade.
Really think the computers should be linked.
We are thinking of going to the Crosby Street hotel in New York in February will we have to go through this all again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gary M
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The usual stylish Firmdale decor and charming touches everywhere, our bedroom was small but very quiet and great for a night or two . We ate a quick pre-theatre dinner in the basement restaurant which was excellent. Parking in the area is also quite easy, very convenient for this part of town.

Room Tip: Our back room was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple