72qt Guest House
Ranked #84 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Two mums with three kids stayed for four nights in a 5-bed room September 26-30, 2013.
We arrived very late, but they waited up for us.
The guesthouse is simple, but we were very satisfied with everything, including breakfast. Every morning we were served a cooked breakfast(egg, ham, beans, croissant and a small hash brown) as well as toast, yoghurt and cereals. Good coffee as well!
There are shared bathrooms and showers, but we never saw anybody else.
We payed £480 for our stay, which we found very affordable.
We would all book this hotel again for our next stay in London. Thank You!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kristina B

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The only complaint I have is about the shared bathroom. I'm not necessarily germaphobic, but there was mold on the ceiling above the shower, so I was skeptical of how clean everything else was. But for a shared bathroom, it really wasn't too bad. The beds were very comfortable and the room size was adequate. Rooms came with coffee and tea. Breakfast (full English breakfast, cereal, coffee and a variety of tea) was great, although it would have been nice to have some fresh juices instead of juice boxes. The staff let us keep our bags at the hotel after checking out while we spent an additional day in the city, which was very helpful. Like others have said, you need to look for the 72 on the building because there is no additional sign indicating that it's a B&B. All in all I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I wanted to find reasonably priced accommodation for one night stay in London, I was a female travelling alone (well still am a female; you know what I mean!).

Most of the places I found within budget did not sound good; reviews mentioning mice in the rooms, broken facilities, dirty bed sheets etc...

Then I came across this place. It seemed too good to be true; great reviews for a great price.

It was perfect for my requirements. It's in a great central location with a very short walk to the tube. I felt safe walking back at night. The place was basic but suited my needs perfectly, everything was clean and everything worked. Not a mouse in sight! ;0)

Great little place which I'll look up if I'm visiting London on a budget again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Forevertown
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Clean, simple, tidy. All well within a budget. Nil complaints.

English breakfast was excellent. If you require somewhere simple to sleep, that has an excellent location, look no further.

As a previous reviewer noted, look for the big 72 on the door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hel F
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Latvian House has a great location very close to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.

It is deal for Thursday Evening Tango by Rojo y Negro in the ballroom upstairs. Furthermore great beer in the bar in the basement.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I booked under the hotel name 72QT. Great location across from Hyde Park and about a 5 minute walk from Queens Way Tube Station. Great price for the location. Just look for the 72 on the door of the guest house, otherwise you will not see a name. Sandwiched in between other hotels on the street. Rooms come with shared bathrooms, but I never had to wait a turn, and they were very clean. Breakfast is included in the price, which was continental with cereals, juice, yogurt and coffee, plus a full English breakfast. WiFi does not work in the rooms, at least I could never pick up a signal. It only worked outside reception. Nice bars and Thai food nearby. A great choice for a weekend in London.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank djteter
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed for several nights. Close to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, and Marble Arch with buses to the airport. Went on foot both ways. Fantastic! Lovely, clean place, lovely English breakfast, kind people. No plastic windows, very god bed. Teakettle... Liked Latvian activities on Sunday evening, playing the piano, conversations. Loved the Latvian flag by the entrance. Good luck, Daugavas Vanagi!

Room Tip: My room looking to the street was too noisy, unfortunately. Explosive noises...