72qt Guest House
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$491
US$256
US$233
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$193
US$171
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroomhyde parkcooked breakfastshared facilitieskensington gardensb byogurtsink and mirrorsoap and shampoogreat locationfamily roomcentral heatingcentral linecircle and district linesbayswater tubeminute walkbooked a single room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

First of all, this guest house has an excellent location - just a few minutes from Queensway tube station (Central line), close to Hyde park. And this is for little money as compared with other worthy places in London.
Secondly, the breakfast is included into price and it is really good - there is hot english breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast, beans) and some other stuff as tea, coffee, milk, juices, youghurt, fruits, cereals, etc. When moving into the house I was given a key from the front door, so I could enter the hotel whenever I wanted.
Speaking about shortcomings, there is no central heating and facilities such as shower and water closet are shared. Additionally, WI-FI signal was weak at my room, but at dinner room it was rather good.
In general, I liked this place and I will probably stay here another time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Depending on what you are looking for, this place checks a lot of boxes. The location is fantastic, just beside Hyde Park. The price is fantastic, well below any other choices in the area. It is clean and there is a nice breakfast. But, it is a simple accommodation... small room, shared bathroom down the hall, no cleaning each night, etc. Despite some other reviews, it does have a TV in the room with a full slate of channels. The downstairs Latvian bar is a nice, lively meeting place, filled with happy people. It's a bit hard to find, but just look at the name (QT72) and that's your hint about which door to go into. I was surprised that there was no cleaning service each day, but since we were only 3 nights, it wasn't a huge deal to us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim A
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Two mums with three kids stayed for four nights in a 5-bed room September 26-30, 2013.
We arrived very late, but they waited up for us.
The guesthouse is simple, but we were very satisfied with everything, including breakfast. Every morning we were served a cooked breakfast(egg, ham, beans, croissant and a small hash brown) as well as toast, yoghurt and cereals. Good coffee as well!
There are shared bathrooms and showers, but we never saw anybody else.
We payed £480 for our stay, which we found very affordable.
We would all book this hotel again for our next stay in London. Thank You!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kristina B
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The only complaint I have is about the shared bathroom. I'm not necessarily germaphobic, but there was mold on the ceiling above the shower, so I was skeptical of how clean everything else was. But for a shared bathroom, it really wasn't too bad. The beds were very comfortable and the room size was adequate. Rooms came with coffee and tea. Breakfast (full English breakfast, cereal, coffee and a variety of tea) was great, although it would have been nice to have some fresh juices instead of juice boxes. The staff let us keep our bags at the hotel after checking out while we spent an additional day in the city, which was very helpful. Like others have said, you need to look for the 72 on the building because there is no additional sign indicating that it's a B&B. All in all I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I wanted to find reasonably priced accommodation for one night stay in London, I was a female travelling alone (well still am a female; you know what I mean!).

Most of the places I found within budget did not sound good; reviews mentioning mice in the rooms, broken facilities, dirty bed sheets etc...

Then I came across this place. It seemed too good to be true; great reviews for a great price.

It was perfect for my requirements. It's in a great central location with a very short walk to the tube. I felt safe walking back at night. The place was basic but suited my needs perfectly, everything was clean and everything worked. Not a mouse in sight! ;0)

Great little place which I'll look up if I'm visiting London on a budget again.

• Stayed: September 2013