“David should be listed as a national treasure”

David's Day Tours-Private Day Tours
Ranked #207 of 704 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: David's Day Tours provides you with a car and driver service for your private car tour from London. Visit attractions such as Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Avebury, the Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon and Bath. You choose which locations to visit and how long to spend there. Whole day, half day and multi-day trips are available for between one and six passengers. Reasonable prices with unlimited mileage included. I provide a friendly, personalised and flexible approach.
Killeen, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“David should be listed as a national treasure”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

David picked me up from the airport and droveDuring our me to significant points in London prior to dropping me off at my hotel. He gave perfect instructions on how to get around London, describing the different bridges and areas of London as we passed known sites, like Trafalgar Square, Houses of Parliament, Tate Modern, and a dozen other sites. This four hour tour, with a few stops, such as Westminster, and for a coffee break, was enlightening. Because of this I was able to maneuver about London over the next week.
But the real thrill was the 10-11 hour tour outside of London to Windsor, Stonehenge, and Salisbury. He pointed out treasure after treasure that I'm sure I would have missed on larger tours.
I arranged this tour through his web site and received informative emails. The arrangements were perfect and far beyond my expectations. The expense is far less that you would expect. He seems amenable to tailoring tours to your wants and needs. I believe he is a national treasure because he represents the best of the English and does so in such a productive and efficient way, very British.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank texasinsider

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Day with David”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We spent 12 lovely hours with David. our tour included Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath. It was an aggressive schedule. David make it interesting and fun. We had a van for the day. Perfect space for 4 adults. He made of point of finding new and interesting things for us.
His pricing is quite reasonable.
I can highly recommend David for any tour needs.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank ehweaver
Oradell
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

David gave us a top notch tour at a very reasonable price. My wife, our youngest son and I were visiting our eldest son who is studying in London for the fall semester. We were there during the Thanksgiving holiday. We decided at the last minute that we wanted a private car tour of the city and David came through! On Thanksgiving morning the 4 of us hopped into David's minivan and he took us all over London...Portobello Road, Abbey Road, The City, the Tower, St Pancras Station....we saw it all. David was prompt, polite, easy to work with and very knowledgeable about London. It was a great way to tour the city. You will be very pleased with his service!!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank salerfr
Moneta, Virginia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A Perfect Day!”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Our 3 generation family of six (ages 11-67) wanted to spend a day in the London countryside without the hassle of DIY or a group tour. A perfect solution was David's Day Tours. David communicated promptly by email as we planned our itinerary and organized our day to avoid the crowds and maximize time at the sites. David was a very personable, knowledgeable guide who shared a lot of stories and history with us as we drove to our destinations – Stonehenge, Avebury, Silbury Hill, Cotswold region, Lacock and Bath. So very convenient to be picked up and dropped off right at the front door of our flat. I was pleased by his reasonable pricing as well.

Visited July 2012
5 Thank BklynBorn47
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were recently in London from the US and wanted to go to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath. I emailed back and forth with David and he was very polite and easy to deal with. Our day with him was one of the highlights of our trip! It was such a treat having our own driver/guide. David was very friendly and was happy to talk about life in England on the long drive and tell us about the places we were visiting. David is a gentleman, dependable, and informative. His minivan was very clean also. We also had David take us down to Dover when it was time to leave on our cruise, for the return trip to the airport, and for a stop at Leeds Castle along the way. David was always there waiting for us, we didn't need to worry about anything. Also, David's prices are very reasonable. I would highly recommend David's Day Tours for any travel around England. It was a wonderful experience! Thank you David!!

6 Thank And0ra13