“Wonderful day to Oxford, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon!”

David's Day Tours-Private Day Tours
Ranked #195 of 723 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: David's Day Tours provides you with a car and driver service for your private car tour from London. Visit attractions such as Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Avebury, the Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon and Bath. You choose which locations to visit and how long to spend there. Whole day, half day and multi-day trips are available for between one and six passengers. Reasonable prices with unlimited mileage included. I provide a friendly, personalised and flexible approach.
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We had a fantastic day with David visiting Oxford, the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon. He was on time picking us up from our accommodation in London, had a lovely clean vehicle and was great to talk to and very informative during the drive. The cell phone and map that he provided to us so we that could reach him while exploring Oxford on our own and lunching in the Cotswolds was an excellent touch and really made me feel comfortable.

We thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with David and seeing all of the places that he recommended! I have no hesitation in recommending him and will definitely book him again on our return to London.

2  Thank Tanmez

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We hired David as a means of transport from London to Dover to the cruise terminal, and then we also hired him to pick us up at the end of our cruise and take us to Heathrow. We had a little extra time on the trip to Dover and asked him to drive us thru some of the pretty little villages on the way. It was very enjoyable and relaxed. We stopped a few times so that my husband and I could get out and take pictures. When we returned to Dover, we were able to debark the ship about 45 minutes earlier than our agreed upon time. David was there waiting on us! He drove us to Heathrow in plenty of time to catch our flight. He is very personable and reliable. If we are ever lucky enough to return to London, I would certainly use David's services again!

1  Thank Sherrjay
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We hired David to take us to Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Old Sarum for the day. Communication was extremely easy, with all email answered within a few hours. We worked out all the details by email before our arrival, and David said he would pick us up at 0800 hrs. At 0759 hrs he was outside our hotel.
David operates a very clean, comfortable people mover, and while he makes sure to tell you he is not a tour guide, he did pass along some local knowledge that added to the trip, and made recoonedations for reaturants that we visited later. He was a very skilled, smooth driver even in the midst of London rush hour traffic

He took us on the scenic route from Stonehenge to Old Sarum which went through some beautiful English villages and allowed us to stop and see some old village churches we would never have seen otherwise.

We spent more time in Salisbury than we were anticipating, but he made sure to call us on the cell phone (that he provided) to make sure we knew we were coming up against the time limit we had booked him for so we did not run over. We paid him for an extra hour but it was well worth it move at our own pace.

2  Thank lucasbear1104
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We booked David for two day trips outside of London. We were traveling with my 86 year old mother and our adult daughter and we needed extra time and allowances that would not work with an organized tour. David took us to Leeds Castle and Canterbury Cathedral one day and to Brighton Pavilion for the second. He was on time, courteous, informative (even though it was for car and driver only, he talked to us along the way with sights and interesting bits of history) and friendly! The car was immaculate, we were all comfortable, he adjusted the route as needed due to traffic conditions and our desire to either focus on scenic route or 'the fast way'. I would book David again in a heartbeat, he was terrific and we felt safe at all times!

3  Thank pecsherr1
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I looked at many options for getting out into the countryside from London and none compared to the price and flexibility of David's. I was also impressed with his excellent Tripadvisor reviews.
It was extremely easy to communicate. Furthermore, David was willing to be "weather flexible" as to our destination as well as the number of hours we would need.
We ended up going to the Henry Moore Foundation (which , by the way, we recommend highly) and David made the trip a breeze. He picked us up exactly at the appointed time in his clean and comfortable van. He is an excellent and cautious driver.
I will be dreadfully disappointed if he is fully booked when I request him next but I must recommend him to you. A gem.

3  Thank Wanderingwidow