“Potentially good night ruined by poor management”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jongleurs Covent Garden
Ranked #189 of 376 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat, Drink, Laugh and Dance at the very best comedy club in Covent Garden. Comprised of several different rooms, the lush and luxurious Sway club, is a worthy addition to the Jongleurs portfolio. If you are dining for the early show you have to arrive at the venue at 17.00.
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The amount of talking during the acts was dreadful. Staff ignored it, or started their own conversation. This would not happen at better comedy nights such as Komedia where talkers are thrown out. I hope the loud mouth brunette who recently got a new boyfriend had a good night. I didnt. Show started 20 minutes late and was over in about an hour.

On the plus side, the compare was ok, and what I heard of the acts they were decent. Drinks were good, with expected prices. I think they are missing a trick really, it could be a great night out. Will not be going back and suggesting friends try elsewhere.

2  Thank David L

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had reservations for jongleurs piccadilly but that closed down so we were re booked for convent garden. After terrible service and a meal of bland stodgy mess we were told that we then had to vacate our seats and go to the basement for the comedy, weird, why have a stage in the resturaunt? Anyway the comedians, save for one funny aussie, were dull. Rehashing jokes you've heard a thousand times and dealing with hecklers poorly. If you don't want a stag do to bother your comedians then don't put them at the front! Or maybe you could book some actual professionals who can deal with the situation well rather than just having a go at the audience. If people aren't listening to a comedian then surely the comedian isn't doing his/her job properly. Anyway this review is getting as tedious as the night. All in all, terrible food, bad service, sub standard comedy and over priced drinks. Avoid!

1  Thank will b
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Upon arrival we were shown to a table (a very wobbly one) we explained we had dinner included but the person who showed us to the table didnt seem bothered and went to help other people we waited a while then had to ask for a menu and go and get our own drink as no one bothered to ask when we finally got to order our food it didn't take long but the food was placed own and before I could ask or sauce the waiter was gone I asked someone else for help but she asked me to wait and then forgot about me so after 15 minutes of trying to catch someone's attention I finally got sauce and the prices of drinks were terrible, on a plus note I enjoyed the comedians especially rougue 5 so a thumbs up for the comedians but a big thumbs down for the restaraunt/bar

1  Thank stephanie1652
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Ok so these were all unknown comedians but what a show they put on. We never stopped laughing from the start to finish. Would recommend a night out to this venue. Least we forget even our best loved comedians had to start somewhere.

1  Thank bob m
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

He acts were fantastic. Seats were very good and the staff were lovely. Its good value for noney at only £17. The only thing that ruined it was the hen party that turned up late sat in front of us had no consideration and were more interested in their own conversation and although the staff were fantastic and told em to shut of alont with the acts they still persisted. The acts were also slightly annoyed with the hen group.