“Good but not excellent”

Price range: US$26 - US$53
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Modern Style Peruvian Dining. A journey to Peru, from the Coast via the Amazon and to the Andes, our menu offers a variety of flavoursome dishes using Peruvian spices all served by knowledgeable staff in a relax atmosphere. and don't forget to try one of our Pisco Sour before your meal in the bar.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Visited here on a Monday night. I had walked past this venue for some time and felt it was time to try. Even for a Monday night it was fairly busy. The choice of Peruvian dishes is pretty good, with a good selection of wine. We both had a starter and main. The food does taste good and the presentation also is excellent. I have to say overall though I prefer Ceviche for atmosphere and the quality of the food for less is not huge in difference.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We decided to visit Lima following their recent Michelin star...we were not disappointed. The décor is colourful and inviting (although perhaps a little too simple for a Michelin-starred restaurant; e.g. no tablecloths etc.); the list of cocktails was phenomenal, and their Piscos are the best I ever had outside of Peru. What really makes the restaurant special though is the food - the combinations of flavours and colours are phenomenal and your tastebuds will experience new sensations, as several of the dishes are very unusual! The presentation of the food is fantastic too, and the service was very pleasant.
We look forward to visiting again!

1  Thank F_Pinto_London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was invited by a friend for dinner and I kept a perfect memory of the night. The food is just breath taking (all dishes we tried from appetizers to desserts were delicious), the service is super friendly, the atmosphere is cool, you really feel at ease in this restaurant. The place is elegant but nothing is too much! I am from Paris and I will definitely go back there next time I visit London!

1  Thank NinafromParis
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a wonderful meal here. the service was very prompt as there was a 2 hour turnqround for food, but saying that we didn't feel rushed and having been to other restaurants with 1hour 45 minute turnaround and poor service this was fine. The food was wonderfully cooked, very inspiring and creative.
tabels a bit small and a bit too close together.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Casual, rustic décor and most inventive cuisine by chef Martinez who owns Central in Lima, recently rated as one of top 50 restaurants in the world. The mains are delicious (for instance, the signature suckling pig is one of the best renditions of the dish ever). However, if you're only 2 or 3, you might opt to share several, or ALL the starters - they are so innovative and scrumptious, and make extensive use of Peruvian ingredients. The sea bream ceviche with roasted corn is a delight. Desserts are also unusual. Service is friendly, with the very knowledgeable Sergio giving excellent guidance to customers. Still great value, but I wonder how long this will last.

2  Thank Lam N