“Great Find”

Lyceum Tavern
Ranked #3,767 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
NC
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This pub is a great find on the Strand in London, especially considering the prices of many restaurants in this area. On a recent trip to London, and staying in this area, my spouse and I went here for supper our last night in town. Surprisingly, there were a few tables available upstairs. You go to a table yourself, look over the menu, then go to the bartender to place your order. What a great place to relax with a beer, and wait for your food to be served to you. We both had the steak and ale pie, with accompanying vegetables. It's not food from the Ritz, but it's great pub food. Too, the ambience is very comfortable. Upstairs there are two windows overlooking the Strand. Just a great place to get out of the hectic street noise and traffic, and enjoy hearty food and a wonderful ale.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank TakesTrips

Penarth, United Kingdom
“great pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My sister brought me here on a recent visit to London and I have to say, I absolutely love the place! The landlord and landlady are such a good laugh and very friendly and the rest of the staff were lovely too. I had a brie, spinach and cranberry wellington to eat which was delicious as well as filling. I even went to have the same meal again before travelling home. The choice of beers were great - we sampled several (!) and they were all very tasty. The prices were similar to what I'd pay for things in Cardiff so I thought everything was excellent value for money with being in London. I can't wait to come back!

1 Thank princess_valo
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Leeds local prices in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

As a Samuel Smith pub they charge pretty much the same prices as we get in our Samuel Smith pub in Morley near Leeds. Staff were very friendly and quickly brought our food - once reminded however! We brought the rest of the family later in the evening as we liked it so much.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TudorLass
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent prices, excellent beer and excellent food! im from portugal so everything in london, to me, seems too expensive.. until i find this pub!! great price/quality

1 Thank Maria V
Kent
“Nice typical English pub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Good find, we were staying nearby. Busy London pub, very reasonably priced wine & beer, refreshing change from the other pubs nearby in Covent Garden that seem to charge what they like for average wine & beer.

1 Thank johnchristine