“Cliff was fantastic! An entertaining history lesson.”

London Premier Walking Tours
Ranked #136 of 821 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London's most Exciting, Entertaining & Educational professionally guided walking tours and special events. Our Jack The Ripper Secret London tour tells the gruesome story of The Ripper from start to finish and also includes many bonus, fun and quirky items about the history and life and times of the part of London where the murders took place. The London Underground Treasure Hunt is a unique, fun and challenging event as you and your team try to outwit the devious Agent Orange on the underground network and find the holy grail! The winning teams receive great prizes of official London Underground merchandise. Our Kings, Queens, Politics & Power Tour takes you on a journey through 1000 years of history. We visit some of the world's major landmarks plus some of the mysterious back streets and locations that have played a part in London's rich and turbulent past. All tours include a free London souvenir for each walker, a microphone amplified expert tour commentary, a 50 to 100 picture accompanying picture guide and a sound effects machine. We look forward to giving you a great tour experience that will be one of the highlights of your visit to London.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband booked this your for my birthday and as I had heard mixed reviews about Ripper tours, I wasn't sure what to expect. Luckily he had selected an excellent one and I learned so much about the city I walk through everyday. Cliff, our tour guide, was a natural and get us gripped for almost 3 hours. I would definitely recommend this tour and I loved the extra touches (maps & photo-cards to look at as we were walking, a London souvenir and the special effects gadget that was used). Thanks Cliff!

3  Thank DanC30
in 17 reviews
"company"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Took part in the London Underground Treasure Hunt. The experience was great and really enjoyed the evening with my team running around the underground network in central London, taking sneaky snaps of people and figuring out the clues. If you are expecting to see any sights other than the underground this isn't really the tour for you.

The only reason I have marked this as average was that due to the size of the group on the evening the marking process took a lot of time meaning we had to hang about for quite a while to get the results - bit of a dampener when you are all fired up ready to see how well/not so well you did.

Agent orange also didn't show up which was a little disappointing but all in all a great entertaining evening

2  Thank MAP2107
LPWT, Owner at London Premier Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your feed back which we greatly appreciate and we are pleased that you enjoyed the event.

The scoring did take 10 minutes longer than usual because we had some last minute bookings from Treasure Hunters who said it was their last day in London or that it was for a special birthday treat so we thought it right to accommodate them on to the hunt. This meant that there were 26 teams when usually we cap it in the low 20s. Then during the scoring one team took 5 minutes to operate their camera which slowed the scoring down a bit.

Unfortunately Agent Orange did let us down that night, a bit like Edward Snowden let down the CIA! We weren't aware that Agent Orange hadn't shown up until half way through the event and when we became aware of it we decided to compensate Treasure Hunters by awarding 3 times as many prizes as usual at the end during the prize giving. We also gave every single one of the 26 teams some extra consolation prizes.

Agent Orange is a real person, we have 5 Agent Oranges on our roster and it is rare that they just don't show up. A lot of the fear factor of Agent Orange was still there during the event but of course it is not good when this happens so we will not be using that particular Agent again for the event.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Really enjoyed the hunt - will definitely do another one. Clever challenges and great way to way explore London for people who are new to the city in a unique way.

5  Thank Feck12321
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Cliff our tour guide was excellent, really new his facts about Jack he also went that extra mile to keep it interesting and fun.

Date of experience: July 2013