“London Underground Treasure Hunt”

London Premier Walking Tours
Ranked #122 of 709 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London's most Exciting, Entertaining & Educational professionally guided walking tours and special events. Our Jack The Ripper Secret London tour tells the gruesome story of The Ripper from start to finish and also includes many bonus, fun and quirky items about the history and life and times of the part of London where the murders took place. The London Underground Treasure Hunt is a unique, fun and challenging event as you and your team try to outwit the devious Agent Orange on the underground network and find the holy grail! The winning teams receive great prizes of official London Underground merchandise. Our Kings, Queens, Politics & Power Tour takes you on a journey through 1000 years of history. We visit some of the world's major landmarks plus some of the mysterious back streets and locations that have played a part in London's rich and turbulent past. All tours include a free London souvenir for each walker, a microphone amplified expert tour commentary, a 50 to 100 picture accompanying picture guide and a sound effects machine. We look forward to giving you a great tour experience that will be one of the highlights of your visit to London.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“London Underground Treasure Hunt”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My partner and I took part in the London Underground Treasure Hunt last night, and had a brilliant time. We're competitive people who love a good fun challenge, and overall the Treasure Hunt definitely delivered - and we're thrilled to have won! I'll endeavor to not give specifics away, but the challenges consist of a couple of cryptic clues leading you to sights, and collecting pictures of certain things. You have two hours to complete the challenges with Zone 1, which we found to be just enough time to keep us rushing and on our toes while being able, if planned appropriately, to get everything accomplished.

I think we wish that the cryptic clues were a bit more in-depth/composed more of the hunt,as I think that's what we were expecting, but we were definitely forced out of our comfort zone with the other challenges - in a good way! I imagine they divide it that way to appeal to different people's strengths, so in that way it is readily accessible.

Agent Orange was absolutely brilliant - my heart was racing long after our encounter! Only downside, we were a bit disappointed that we only experienced one run-in with an Agent - that being said, our tactics took us on an...interesting path around the Underground, and they can't be everywhere!

The prizes were definitely impressive - as we came first our 'war spoils' were surprisingly copious. The prizes are in products, more suited towards tourists over London locals, but we definitely won back our entry free and then some. We're a Scot and an American who have moved to England, so we're touristy enough to enjoy them and send extras to family and friends. Every team won something as well, which was a lovely touch.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun evening competing. They rotate the challenges, so I think we might even do it again!

TIPS: If you don't have an Oyster card, get a travel card for the day. Not only for expense, but efficiency. You don't want to be fumbling with tickets! Also, the fewer members in your team, the greater bonus you start out with - it's a handicap designed to counter any advantages that larger teams may have with some of the challenges. We found having a team of 2 ideal, so if you're competitive, it might be worth keeping in mind! You have time at the end to recount your adventure with the other teams.

2 Thank Sara M

MiltonKeynes
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Jack The Ripper Tour”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My partner and I attended the Jack the Ripper Tour on 18th July 2014. The hottest day of the year, so probably not the best type of weather for the gruesome tour. I would imagine the atmospherics of a cold misty winters evening would have been more appropriate but that didnt stop the tour from being absolutely brilliant.

Cliff our guide was amazing and talked non stop for the whole of the tour, the amount of knowledge this gentleman has is mind boggling. We were given a map "RipperNav" and picture books to carry with us for reference, which showed us where the murders took place and indeed many a gruesome photo from Archives. This tour is not for the faint hearted.

We live just outside London and we are fascinated by London History, this tour not only gave us information about Jack the Ripper but a whole host of additional information about what was happening at that period of time, where it was happening, what changes had occurred over the years. About what they drank and ate, where they worked.......I was completely surprised to find out exactly how close the "Eastend" is to the rich Financial District. How we were told what living conditions were like for the poor etc.......

Our tour ran over by about 45 mins, through no fault of Cliff's. Although the group was not large, a fair amount of those were from overseas and with children. They sat down at every given opportunity, lagged behind and complained about the heat, commented that the content of the tour was not suitable for children!!!! PLEASE PLEASE if you are unable to stand and walk for a period of 2.5 hours, and cannot cope with the weather then it may be more appropriate to book on to a bus tour. If you do not want your children or indeed yourselves to be upset or offended by the content of the tour, then please book something that does not involve Murder Mutilation and Prostitution.

We give 10/10 for this tour, for excellence, value for money, and communication when booking the tickets. We bought our tickets through a groupon deal but even at full price it is excellent value for money. Well done Cliff and the Team. We shall be booking other tours with you. Thankyou for bringing London Alive

2 Thank YvetteJohnson
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Enjoyed it lots”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had very much fun doing this quest and we actually won it :) Was exciting and the treasure we took home was quite impressive ;) Fun running around and looking for things though wish there were just a bit more brain teasers, otherwise was perfect

1 Thank Katya S
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A great history brilliantly retold”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I went on the Jack the Ripper walk last Saturday evening. I had such a great time the guide was absolutely superb , full of energy and loads of information , he worked tirelessly just for £10 for each person!

I actually found the walk very touchy and be opened my consciousness to the poverty and plight of the poor and destitute living in Victorian London.

In terms of Jack the Ripper, I think it is important to remember that this person was a serial killer and that has got lost a bit within the legendary story. The guide helped me to remember that these women were horrifically savaged by this savage killer.

What was also enjoyable was the guides knowledge of the East end and so he was able to tell other history about the area outside of the serial killings. It is amazing how we walk the London streets forgetting the history that has been there before us.

All in all it was a fantastic evening and a great walk - one that will stay with me for many, many years to come. Bravo!

2 Thank james h
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Something different to experience”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A group of us did the Thursday evening underground tour and had a blast. Knowing you were competing against others made it more exciting and the adrenaline of making sure that you dodged 'Agent Orange'. We will certainly try another tour soon, now that we know what to expect. Great for a birthday adventure before heading out for drinks or dinner. Good way to get the night started.

Visited June 2014